• The KillerFrogs

2016 CFB: Week 1 Other Games Thread (with TV schedule)

G Mother Froggen P

I do think K-State will get steam rolled but, I think UT does stand a pretty decent chance at home. Charlie Strong on the hot seat with a home crowd on opening day could be dangerous.. Hoping for the best.

TAINTed frog

G Mother Froggen P said:
I do think K-State will get steam rolled but, I think UT does stand a pretty decent chance at home. Charlie Strong on the hot seat with a home crowd on opening day could be dangerous.. Hoping for the best.
From the talking heads down here, it sounds like Swoopes is going to get the start.

It also sounds like, arguably, UT's best OL, Vahe rolled his ankle and may not play.

I think the UT coaches are hoping they can run the ball all game, every game, to have a prayer this season.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
TAINTed frog said:
From the talking heads down here, it sounds like Swoopes is going to get the start.

It also sounds like, arguably, UT's best OL, Vahe rolled his ankle and may not play.

I think the UT coaches are hoping they can run the ball all game, every game, to have a prayer this season.
They're screwed then.

TX_Krötenechse

G Mother Froggen P said:
KSU has the pieces for a good season if they can get some offense going. Their defense should be stout, and Stanford doesn't have the spread speed advantage over KSU that most B12 teams have. I think Stanford wins, but not easily.

TCUdirtbag

UT is trying to install the briles offense.  If Swoopes is starting at qb and they're hoping to run the ball all season, that means the offense isn't working and they aren't going to make a bowl game (and will probably start 1-4 w/ win vs. utep and losses to ND, Cal, OU and OSU). 

Their early schedule is brutal. I guess we'll see, but I'm not sure anyone has made the transition to the spread as quickly as TCU did a couple years ago. Took Briles 4 years at Baylor.  Even if you scratch up ND as a loss, they would have to have their offense rolling by the third game. Unlikely. 

FBallFan123

TX_Krötenechse said:
KSU has the pieces for a good season if they can get some offense going. Their defense should be stout, and Stanford doesn't have the spread speed advantage over KSU that most B12 teams have. I think Stanford wins, but not easily.

Stanford has Christian McCaffrey....who I expect to run all over the field against K State.

GoFrog Yourself

FBallFan123 said:

Stanford has Christian McCaffrey....who I expect to run all over the field against K State.
Should be a low scoring affair considering the ball control offenses both teams use. If KState has success with that pop pass/run option they can put up a fight, but I'm not holding my breath

LisaLT

I'm interested to see how the Aggies do against UCLA. It is a home game for them. New QB Trevor Knight. Coach on the hot seat. 

Go Bruins!

DeuceBoogieNights

TCUdirtbag said:
UT is trying to install the briles offense.  If Swoopes is starting at qb and they're hoping to run the ball all season, that means the offense isn't working and they aren't going to make a bowl game (and will probably start 1-4 w/ win vs. utep and losses to ND, Cal, OU and OSU). 

Their early schedule is brutal. I guess we'll see, but I'm not sure anyone has made the transition to the spread as quickly as TCU did a couple years ago. Took Briles 4 years at Baylor.  Even if you scratch up ND as a loss, they would have to have their offense rolling by the third game. Unlikely. 
I don't think Swoopes is going to start from the stuff I have read but I could be wrong.

MTfrog5

LisaLT said:
I'm interested to see how the Aggies do against UCLA. It is a home game for them. New QB Trevor Knight. Coach on the hot seat. 

Go Bruins!
230 if the afternoon is going to be brutal for those teams and fans

TAINTed frog

RollToad said:
Yeah if Swoopes is starting then Buechele must really, really suck.
Yeah, not sure if that's the entire case. The radio guys in Austin just made it sound that Swoopes could/would start. They think Buechele will play but that Charlie is siding with experience with regard to at least "starting" Swoopes.

Also, that was in the middle of this week. It could certainly change by next Sunday

Tom Brown

TCUdirtbag said:

I fully expect K-State and Texas to get stomped by Stanford and Notre Dame.  WVU and OU should win.  
I dont think ksu nor ut get blown out. I think they'll both lose but I expect 2 td loss for ksu and 10 PT for ut

Tom Brown

Former tech raider, argyle eagle, and keller indian takes the helm for the golden bears. Cal at -20. Shoot I'll take the Warriors and the points in frigging Australia.

TAINTed frog

Tom Brown said:
I thought they announced it.
Maybe they did.
I'm just going off what the radio guys said on Tues/Wed/Thurs. Didn't listen today.

I just gathered it wasn't a slam dunk regarding Buechele starting. Sounded like the coaches were leaning to playing both. Who knows, could be a smoke screen.

Or, their offense could be a big dumpster fire. I'd lean to dumpster fire quite honestly.

TX_Krötenechse

FBallFan123 said:

Oh I totally think Stanford will win, I just think that KSU is going to be tougher than many expect and put up a good fight.