• The KillerFrogs

2 Monsters in the pit

Young and Horned

Oklahoma football is not that bush league. It is 10 times better than Florida for instance. Some of those teams in the larger towns, are pretty good.

You are talking about high school football? I think FL football is ranked in Top 3 in everyone's rankings, and for good reason. They put many athletes into the NFL and they are athletic like no other state. Now, if you are talking about OL or even DT, then I may lean towards Oklahoma. But any position that deems more athletic ability than brute strength, I would lean Florida.

West Coast Johnny

a few weeks ago you questioned whether Hunter was ready for Div1, now you rag on Pierson & OK football. There is some big time talent in Oklahoma and some very hghly regarded programs.

I never questioned whether Hunter was ready for D1. Don't know what you are talking about. I also never ragged on Pierson. I did say that Oklahoma highschool football is bush-league - which it is.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I never questioned whether Hunter was ready for D1. Don't know what you are talking about. I also never ragged on Pierson. I did say that Oklahoma highschool football is bush-league - which it is.

Union City, Millwood, Jenks, etc play some of the best football in the country. Bush-league?????

Oh yea, and you said:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=139286&st=0&p=881310&hl=+chucky%20+hunter&fromsearch=1&#entry881310

"Not sure if Chuck Hunter is ready for the college game, but I'm hoping that it is. "

Sometimes its better to just say you are sorry and go on....

FROGDADDY

Union City, Millwood, Jenks, etc play some of the best football in the country. Bush-league?????

Oh yea, and you said:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=139286&st=0&p=881310&hl=+chucky%20+hunter&fromsearch=1&#entry881310

"Not sure if Chuck Hunter is ready for the college game, but I'm hoping that it is. "

In Johnny's defense that quote reads to me like he's saying that he's not sure that he's ready simply because he has nothing to base that opinion on as opposed to him saying that he's seen the kid play and doesn't think he's ready.

Houston Frog

Keep seeing Hunter and Pierson mentioned but no mention of Lewis. Am I missing something?

Lewis has gotten mentioned in a couple of the other practice reports I've read. He's doing very well

You know that Gunner is only gonna mention the two big guys though, size is 90% of the battle in Gunner's mind.... as long as they're big, he's gonna bring them up all the time and openly root for them to win the starting job over the smaller players at the position

West Coast Johnny

Oh yea, and you said:

http://www.killerfro...=1

Apology accepted! Take your pamprin Feisty. Most true freshmen are not ready for the college game and need a year or so to get used to it. Chuck Hunter has had 210 pound guards trying to block him in highschool. So, I'm hoping he is ready.

And I'm sorry if your mother played linebacker for Jenks or something. Do you know how many Oklahoma kids Bob Stoopes recruited last year? 2. There is more high level D1 talent coming out of Tarrant county then the entire state of Oklahoma.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Apology accepted! Take your pamprin Feisty. Most true freshmen are not ready for the college game and need a year or so to get used to it. Chuck Hunter has had 210 pound guards trying to block him in highschool. So, I'm hoping he is ready.

And I'm sorry if your mother played linebacker for Jenks or something. Do you know how many Oklahoma kids Bob Stoopes recruited last year? 2. There is more high level D1 talent coming out of Tarrant county then the entire state of Oklahoma.

Unwad your panties big guy.

Stoops recruited more than 2 players from OK last year however he only signed 2 and because OK isn't Texas I guess that does mean its bush league, my bad.

And yes my mother played linebacker for Jenks. That is how she met dear ol dad who was the towel boy.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
In Johnny's defense that quote reads to me like he's saying that he's not sure that he's ready simply because he has nothing to base that opinion on as opposed to him saying that he's seen the kid play and doesn't think he's ready.

Which has been my point.

Gunner

Keep seeing Hunter and Pierson mentioned but no mention of Lewis. Am I missing something?

I know Houston will be disappointed, but GP mentioned Pierson and Hunter, but didn't mention Lewis. There was a report that Lewis made a couple good plays tho.

BTW, Houston, I've made plenty of good comments about Dawson, one of my favorite players. So, is he big??? :biggrin:

Houston Frog

I know Houston will be disappointed, but GP mentioned Pierson and Hunter, but didn't mention Lewis.

Interview with CGP that I know you read....

Do you feel like the young guys are ahead of the curve in terms of getting the defense down?

"I don't know, we'll see. Chucky Hunter was another guy that stuck out. Him and Jon Lewis both stuck out today, I haven't talked to Bump about how they did in practice, but this morning they really stuck out."

Gunner

GP- "Our 2 big guys, the 300 pounders, had a great day". They will be the factors. But you are right, since then Lewis has made a couple plays. Just don't know if he is big enough against the better teams, to play in there.

Also, the competition at defensive tackle is large. Was hoping Lewis could play DE, but not so far...Lewis could get bigger, I guess. I was one of the most excited last year when he switched from Tech.