• The KillerFrogs

OICU812

LurkerFrog said:
I'm not entirely convinced they are going to keep OU in the top 4. I would love it if they did because it would be great for big 12. But remember that there is another weekend of play after this that OU is idle, that's a chance for them to slide someone they favor more in (not that they would EVER do that). The only advantage I see then is if OU gets snubbed like we did last year, heads will roll, wheels will come off and there will be a big ol smackdown because they have the clout to do it. Maybe just Big 12, maybe further reaching. I don't know. I'm not saying they will snub OU because it seems unlikely, but who knows with this committee.
The spin on the show last night was actually positive for OU's chances.  They speculated that the reason OU shows up at 3 now, is so they don't repeat the TCU fiasco of last year, finding themselves dropping someone(Notre Dame)   out on the last weekend after a big win.  Obviously remains to be seen, but if OU handles their business they look solid.

LurkerFrog

OICU812 said:
The spin on the show last night was actually positive for OU's chances.  They speculated that the reason OU shows up at 3 now, is so they don't repeat the TCU fiasco of last year, finding themselves dropping someone(Notre Dame)   out on the last weekend after a big win.  Obviously remains to be seen, but if OU handles their business they look solid.
Yeah, I remember us being told the same thing about just handling our business and we should win out. But the difference will be that they are OU and we are TCU. I guarantee if it were reversed and we were back at three again like last year there's no way I'm trusting we would stay there until I saw the proof on the last vote. I recommend OU do the same.

Moose Stuff

Double V said:
Not if ND beats Stanford...
ND isn't passing OU unless OU loses. For all the bitching this board did the last month about how an unbeaten Big 12 team was gonna get left out, what's actually gonna happen is that a one loss Big 12 team is gonna get in and it's not inconceivable that Baylor could get in as well. And just to prevent the expected reaction, the system still sucks and TCU is still getting shafted.

ifrog

Talor said:
We need to win our damn games.  Its pretty simply really.  Its impossible to change the perception of the program, and get the elite blue blood treatment we believe we deserve, when we lose games with huge implications.  We are miss congeniality, pretty with a lot of heart, but we aren't getting it done when it matters most.
But Ole Miss has lost more games. How do you explain that using your logic?

jake102

Bloated Frog said:
No more so than anyone else in the country. 3 losses in 2 years...all on the road against top 10 teams. We are winning plenty of games.
We need to start winning those big road games. The committee cares more about wins than losses.

Better to lose to a terrible team and beat a great team.

cousinjoker

Jake102 said:
We need to start winning those big road games. The committee cares more about wins than losses.

Better to lose to a terrible team and beat a great team.
The committee would hand Notre Dame a 1993 National Title if they had the power to do so.

frogxc

We were #18 and disrespected, and everyone knows that we are on our third string everything. OU beats us by the skin of their teeth at home by one, and they move up 4 spots into the top 4. So which is it committee, are you going to disrespect us, are you going to indirectly give us respect when you move a team up 4 spots into the playoff for beating us, or are you going to do both whenever it's convenient? I think we all know the answer.

PapaBear

TCUdirtbag said:
Will be a pretty perfect case study in whether we got left out because of the name on our jersey.

60s Frog said:

No way that a Big 12 team that wins would drop out of the final top 4 . . . right??

The committee looks at the complete body of work starting fresh each week. In the 2014 example you've listed TCU and BU were both going for a spot. TCU lost to BU so BU was higher ranked. This year BU lost to OU and is ranked lower than OU. Even if BU wins out so long as OU does as well I would never expect us to be ranked higher even with their early season loss to UT. Now if OU loses to OKst and BU wins out then I'd expect BU to be in. This ranking is a signal that the B12 gets a spot unless they completely just crap the bed and get a 2 loss champion. Just read an article on ESPN stating the same thing so I'm not the only one that sees it. 

PapaBear

frogxc said:
We were #18 and disrespected, and everyone knows that we are on our third string everything. OU beats us by the skin of their teeth at home by one, and they move up 4 spots into the top 4. So which is it committee, are you going to disrespect us, are you going to indirectly give us respect when you move a team up 4 spots into the playoff for beating us, or are you going to do both whenever it's convenient? I think we all know the answer.

OU also has a win against BU. 

LSU Game Attendee

PapaBear said:

OU also has a win against BU. 
That, and a win at Tennessee slightly trumps a win over Lamar.

Oh, and keeping a female orbital smasher on your team, while horrible, isn't nearly as bad as sponsoring a rapist through graduation while shaming and cutting sponsorship of the the victim until she leaves town.  Sic 'Em!

tcumaniac

Talor said:
We need to win our damn games.  Its pretty simply really.  Its impossible to change the perception of the program, and get the elite blue blood treatment we believe we deserve, when we lose games with huge implications.  We are miss congeniality, pretty with a lot of heart, but we aren't getting it done when it matters most.

So according to you, a TCU team that has two losses on the road to top 10 teams deserves to be ranked behind:
  • 3 loss Ole Miss
  • 3 loss Oregon
  • Navy
  • North Carolina
  • Florida State

Give me a scheissing break.

Moose Stuff

tcumaniac said:

So according to you, a TCU team that has two losses on the road to top 10 teams deserves to be ranked behind:
  • 3 loss Ole Miss
  • 3 loss Oregon
  • Navy
  • North Carolina
  • Florida State

Give me a (mating between Steel & 2314) break.
We definitely deserve to be behind UNC. I have no real issue with FSU either. Navy is debatable and Oregon is playing as well as anyone in the country now that their QB is healthy. Ole Miss...... Now that's ridiculous. Watch a game.

frogxc

tcumaniac said:

• 3 loss Ole Miss
  • 3 loss Oregon
  • Navy
  • North Carolina
  • Florida State

Give me a (mating between Steel & 2314) break.

3 loss Ole  Miss who lost to MEMPHIS and UNRANKED ARKANSAS

3 loss Oregon who lost to WASHINGTON STATE AT HOME

The committee's flavor of the month is Strength of Record. I guarantee you the rationale that they used to get Iowa in was SOR, as Iowa's is #5. Well what about TCU's #10 SOR and being ranked behind 3 loss teams with worse SOR's?

frogxc

Moose Stuff said:
We definitely deserve to be behind UNC. I have no real issue with FSU either. Navy is debatable and Oregon is playing as well as anyone in the country now that their QB is healthy. Ole Miss...... Now that's ridiculous. Watch a game.

Yea, and TCU was playing as well as anyone last year at the end of the season, too. Where did that get us?

Oh, that's right, the committee disregarded the eye test 100% and focused 100% on our loss and the fact that we don't have a championship game at the end of the season so that we can prove that we can beat a team that we've already beaten earlier in the season.