• The KillerFrogs

#13 in the AP

FrogRails

Mucho respect at 12/13. If we had to lose one in November, losing early may have been the one.

Take care of business and even if we fall short of the playoffs, we'd still be set for a great bowl at minimum.

GlendarrochFrog

LSU loses to a one loss team on the road by 14 and drops 5 spots, we lose to an undefeated team on the road by 20 and drop 8 spots. MSU loses to a 6 loss Nebraska team and drops 8 spots. SO STUPID!

Frogs1983

Ah the SEC love for Bama continues. Great Defense, great RB, rest of Offense is mediocre at best ,starting with their QB. They'll be exposed in CFP if they have to play a spread offense team. Their Offense won't be able to score enough points to keep up.

EdKamen

Not bad. I'll take 13.

Clemson may be the only undefeated team when all is said and done. Just like every year. 12-0 or 13-0 is tough.

netty2424

EdKamen said:
Not bad. I'll take 13.

Clemson may be the only undefeated team when all is said and done. Just like every year. 12-0 or 13-0 is tough.
Well, them and Bama of course. CFPSC doesn't recognize their loss.

SnoSki

netty2424 said:
Well, them and Bama of course. CFPSC doesn't recognize their loss.
David ubben, I think, made a good point on Twitter last night. Said that the committee doesn't seem to weigh losses nearly as heavily as wins.

While beating an 8-0 team by 20 gets you major points, losing to an 8-0 team by 20 only costs you a minor amount.

netty2424

SnoSki said:
David ubben, I think, made a good point on Twitter last night. Said that the committee doesn't seem to weigh losses nearly as heavily as wins.

While beating an 8-0 team by 20 gets you major points, losing to an 8-0 team by 20 only costs you a minor amount.
I guess that makes a little sense, but they should use it equally across the board. Taking that a step further, now Bama has been beaten by a 3 loss Ole Miss. At what point does that cost you more that when Ole Miss was undefeated?

Just kind of feel like that's another one of those moving targets that the sc uses when they need it.

ifrog

SnoSki said:

These polls don't matter. We will drop major points in the real poll

tcumaniac said:
Which is only fair, because without the turnovers and the other team scoring more points, they would have won.
I like the way you think. In fact without the turnovers and the 20 points OSU out scored us by we certainly would've won. And now we have a quality loss just like those ranked above us.

LurkerFrog

Am I the only one who finds it odd that they stuck us below OU whose loss is to TX the week after we destroyed them? I mean, even setting aside the dismantling we gave the horns, surely our loss to an undefeated OSU should count for more than a loss to TX does this year.

Casey T

^ But OU has looked outstanding since that loss, whereas WVU is our only dominant looking win we have and we just got smoked on the scoreboard. I would put ou ahead of us too if I were a voter

Pharm Frog

LurkerFrog said:
Am I the only one who finds it odd that they stuck us below OU whose loss is to TX the week after we destroyed them? I mean, even setting aside the dismantling we gave the horns, surely our loss to an undefeated OSU should count for more than a loss to TX does this year.

I did not find it odd at all.  First, because one is Oklahoma and the other is not.  Secondly, because the poll is an average of the teams' rankings.

cdsfrog

Casey8Ball said:
^ But OU has looked outstanding since that loss, whereas WVU is our only dominant looking win we have and we just got smoked on the scoreboard. I would put ou ahead of us too if I were a voter

Same here. It's about trending.

I'd rather OU be above us. We need to come to get by Kansas and come out on fire in Norman to beat OU.

Please god let Doctson be healthy by then.

f_399

We will be close to that in the playoff ranking, maybe even better.

Depends how the committee sees that as a loss against a good team.

cdsfrog

f_399 said:
We will be close to that in the playoff ranking, maybe even better.

Depends how the committee sees that as a loss against a good team.

Had we played ok and not horrible and loss by a FG I think they would have.

Getting dominated by 20 doesnt help.