• The KillerFrogs

11 years ago today (Fort Worth tornado)

westtexfrog

Walking out of a Goodwill Industries Board meeting. When I went in the meeting, it was a hot muggy day with a few clouds, when I walked out the sky was green. I hooked it home to be be with Momma and the little frogs. Scary evening, I can't believe it was 11 years ago.

Big Frog II

Having a stroke watching it from my house hoping it had not hit my business near Montgomery Wards. I drove through debris to get there to find out that not only was everything OK, but we did not even lose electricity. The next day took forever to get to work since they had many streets around that area blocked off.

purpledawg

At home in Cresson, watching the wall cloud move from north to south right toward downtown. I was also watching David Finfrock on channel 5 when he said, while looking at the view from the camera on top of the Bank One Tower, "that's a tornado debris field you're seeing", quite calmly. We didn't have any damage, or even rain, down our way.

frog bar

I was a high school senior in town to visit campus for the first time. We had just checked into the Worthington when the sirens went off. Window blew out in the room just as the bell hop was bringing the bags. Needless to say, we didn't get to hit Sundance Square very hard that night.

zfrawg

playing ball at the Rickel! student worker kicked us out and sent us back to the dorms. knowing the outcome we should have all just gone downstairs. Walking across campus probably wasn't the best idea!

Certainly a day I wont forget!

halfwaytoheaven

In my room in the dungeon of Milton-Daniel. They made every guy in the building go down there (the hallway, not my room), so I had plenty of company. Turned on the TV and just watched the weather reports for awhile. One guy who came down later said he could see the tornado from the front porch of Milton, but I think he was full of it.

weklfrog

At Blue Raider field next to Southwest HS waiting for the umpire to call off my kids' game that night.
my son played over at Blue Raider probably during that time, can't remember precisely. He had Mike Maxfield as a coach for several seasons. Did you know Mike? Turns out I went to H.S. with him up in Indianapolis, he graduated a year after I did but I had never heard of him there, graduating class was over 700.