• The KillerFrogs

1 o'clock press conference to announce Rutgers replacement in BE

froginaustin

http://www.sportsnol...conference.html

Tulane University has scheduled a 1 p.m. news conference Tuesday where it is expected to announce it will accept an invitation to join the Big East Conference in all sports, sources with knowledge of the situation confirmed to SportsNOLA.com Tuesday.

The Big East currently has 17 members, but will undergo significant membership changes by the time Tulane joins the fold. In fact, the new Big East will look at lot like an old version of Conference USA, with 10 current or former C-USA members in the mix.

In addition to Tulane, the football-playing, all-sports members would as of now include Connecticut, Temple, Cincinnati, Louisville, South Florida, and beginning in 2013, Houston, SMU, Central Florida and Memphis. Football-only members would include Boise State and San Diego State, who would join for 2013, and Navy, who would join in 2015. . . ..

Thank you Jesus for rescuing TCU from that tattered conference. The BE we almost joined was not bad at all. This one . . .

first SMU and now Tulane.

BelushiBob

UVA is next to the B1G, the local Virginia media tried to contact the Pres and AD of UVA and they wouldnt comment on anything. Although, a board member confirmed that talks were happening.

shhaight

When I clicked this link, I was really hoping it would be Hawaii ... cause that would make about as much sense as SDSU for the BIG EAST.

ATC Frog

That conference went from mediocre to horribad in just about 12 months. It's amazing how quickly things can change.

Thank God we got away from that sorry excuse for a major college football conference.

froginaustin

East Carolina football is pretty salty. They ought to bring something to a conference trying to the the best of the rest, at least in terms of on-field respect.

froginaustin

You might think the Western schools really have to be looking around now.

Boise and SDSU have options? I suppose the new MWC is better than whatever is left of C-USA, likely the only option besides the rump nBE for UHou and SMU.

How in the world would a TV executive value a contract with the nBE? shifting sands, shifting sands.

jack the frog

Funny, several ponyfans were thinking BYU might be the replacement school. Pretty sure BYU would disband their program before they went for that deal in the context of Utah especially.

Stiff Arm Frog

hyde-laughing-o.gif

Frog Brother

Wow! What a train wreck. Boise and SDSU should go running back to the MWC. It will be the better league and I can't see how the TV revenue for the Newest New Big East will be significantly better than a reconstructed MWC TV deal. If nothing else it might be time for another secret meeting at the Denver airport.