• The KillerFrogs

“Mo Money Mo Problems” Chris Del Conte

froginaustin

Nope.

Less money, less clout, and a lot more aggravation. From where he sits right now, he could destroy the PAC with about 4 phone calls.

I can't think of a conference commissioner that is/was anything more than a well paid gofer and press secretary for huge egos running his member institutions, and therefore his professional life. I can't imagine Del Conte being a conference commissioner anywhere except as a lifeboat new job.

Now an athletic directorship at a rich, powerful, private university like Notre Dame (how Catholic is CDC?), Miami (how corrupt is he?), or USC (how . . . whatever it takes to fit in there?)-- that I can see to get away from the political pressure that seems to follow leadership at just about any big time State school athletic program. Maybe?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I can't think of a conference commissioner that is/was anything more than a well paid gofer and press secretary for huge egos running his member institutions, and therefore his professional life. I can't imagine Del Conte being a conference commissioner anywhere except as a lifeboat new job.

Now an athletic directorship at a rich, powerful, private university like Notre Dame (how Catholic is CDC?), Miami (how corrupt is he?), or USC (how . . . whatever it takes to fit in there?)-- that I can see to get away from the political pressure that seems to follow leadership at just about any big time State school athletic program. Maybe?
ND would be one of the few upward moves from his current perch. Both from a money and a clout standpoint. Probably a lot less aggravation there as well, but I have no real idea on that in that I don't pay much attention to ND (I hatey hate hate ND) and enjoy the constant turmoil of Austin. Austin dumpster fires are the best!

It's still funny that the rumor mill isn't grinderin away concerning the Great Re-Alignment that will happen in a few short years. Everybody is way more tight-lipped than normal.

FrogSweep

I wonder how we would react to the cancellation of our alma mater because of some woke BS. How about tearing down the AdRan statue? How about trashing the statues around Amon Carter stadium? Oh, wait. I heard Amon Carter once had an unclean thought. The stadium name goes, too, right? What would we do?
I sympathize with all the Texas fans insulted by the defamation of their school traditions. I admire their passion for speaking out. If it can't happen at TCU, ask Roger Williams.

FrogAbroad

ND would be one of the few upward moves from his current perch. Both from a money and a clout standpoint. Probably a lot less aggravation there as well, but I have no real idea on that in that I don't pay much attention to ND (I hatey hate hate ND) and enjoy the constant turmoil of Austin. Austin dumpster fires are the best!

It's still funny that the rumor mill isn't grinderin away concerning the Great Re-Alignment that will happen in a few short years. Everybody is way more tight-lipped than normal.
Liked for the word "grinderin'"

Brog

I wonder how we would react to the cancellation of our alma mater because of some woke BS. How about tearing down the AdRan statue? How about trashing the statues around Amon Carter stadium? Oh, wait. I heard Amon Carter once had an unclean thought. The stadium name goes, too, right? What would we do?
I sympathize with all the Texas fans insulted by the defamation of their school traditions. I admire their passion for speaking out. If it can't happen at TCU, ask Roger Williams.

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that there is a student group with some faculty support demanding that the statues of the two Clark brothers be torn down at once? And that the term "AddRan" must never again be used by the University?

FrogAbroad

I'm sure you're aware of the fact that there is a student group with some faculty support demanding that the statues of the two Clark brothers be torn down at once? And that the term "AddRan" must never again be used by the University?
I suggest we replace "AddRan" with "HafAzzed"

WIN

Done deal once Roger is removed.

I don’t lump Vince in with guys like Manziel and Boykin. Those two seem to be criminals. Vince is just dumb as a rock...so I’ve heard. I actually feel bad for how Vince’s career and life choices turned out for him. Maybe I don’t know his whole story though.

iu