Sept. 28 – at Kansas*^
Oct. 4 or 5 – Houston*
Oct. 19 – at Utah*
Oct. 26 – Texas Tech*
Nov. 2 – at Baylor*
Nov. 9 – Oklahoma State*
Nov. 23 – Arizona*
Nov. 30 – at Cincinnati*

No Thursdays listed yet. That looks to be final. Only the Stanford game is a Friday (unles Houston is moved). No consecutive conference road games. Bye before our toughest game: at Utah, also before Arizona at home (which could be very tough, too). I like it.

Call me crazy, but this schedule is going to be TOUGH:

UCF is going to be improved this year
SMU is going to want this win bad
Kansas is going to be tough
Texas Tech is going to be tough
Oklahoma State is Oklahoma State…tough!
Utah is solid, winnable, but solid team
Arizona is vastly improved.

I guess I don’t see the easy schedule everyone is talking about. Call me a wimpy pessimist, but our schedule is pretty much murderers’ row.

We could be improved and still go something like 7-5 or 8-4.

Limey Frog

I guess I don’t see the easy schedule everyone is talking about. Call me a wimpy pessimist, but our schedule is pretty much murderers’ row.

I think it's really tough. I love it. This is what we wanted, right? The new Big 12 is going to be a lot of fun and I don't think we'll have any years where our schedule is a bust.

Outback Frog

The jury is still out, and pessimistically I could see us have a 7-5 or 6-6 season.

Outback Frog

I think at Utah is the single most difficult draw we could have had, but after that we've probably missed the next three or four toughest teams.
Agreed. Without a doubt the Utes in SLC is a very tough place to win. We at least have a two game win streak against them going back to the days in the MWC, including the last time we played them on the road in 2010.

ShreveFrog

07TCU-articleLarge.jpg

When #3 played at #5 in November of 2010. One of my favorite sports photos ever! 47-7. What an azzwhoopin!'

tmcats

farmageddon is a real deal. it is growing to true loathing by both schools who are otherwise so much alike. perhaps that's the problem.

Limey Frog

07TCU-articleLarge.jpg

When #3 played at #5 in November of 2010. One of my favorite sports photos ever! 47-7. What an azzwhoopin!'
The 1000-ish traveling Frog fans were sitting high up behind this ref, level with this end zone. That stadium was pumped up for this game. It was so loud, and the TCU offense playing with its back to the other end zone looked about a hundred miles away. Suddenly, Dalton got the ball on a short route to Josh Boyce, who emerged from this cauldron of noise streaking toward us for a 75-yard score and all the juice went out of Rice-Eccles not to return that day. It was glorious.

Limey Frog

farmageddon is a real deal. it is growing to true loathing by both schools who are otherwise so much alike. perhaps that's the problem.
Yeah, there's a nice war of words going on right now over K-State's accusation that Iowa State people were spying into your guys' huddles at Hilton last week. That one isn't making y'all look so good. Spying on basketball huddles ins't a thing. TV broadcasters routinely show exactly what coaches are drawing on their little dry-erase boards right there on a national broadcast. Nothing goes on in those huddles that anyone could convey to the other team in time for the information to be of any practical use. Score one to Iowa State there.

tmcats

Yeah, there's a nice war of words going on right now over K-State's accusation that Iowa State people were spying into your guys' huddles at Hilton last week. That one isn't making y'all look so good. Spying on basketball huddles ins't a thing. TV broadcasters routinely show exactly what coaches are drawing on their little dry-erase boards right there on a national broadcast. Nothing goes on in those huddles that anyone could convey to the other team in time for the information to be of any practical use. Score one to Iowa State there.
of course, no one here ever said that. all coach tang ever said is below. but do carry on.

ShreveFrog

The 1000-ish traveling Frog fans were sitting high up behind this ref, level with this end zone. That stadium was pumped up for this game. It was so loud, and the TCU offense playing with its back to the other end zone looked about a hundred miles away. Suddenly, Dalton got the ball on a short route to Josh Boyce, who emerged from this cauldron of noise streaking toward us for a 75-yard score and all the juice went out of Rice-Eccles not to return that day. It was glorious.
I remember the play you described well. But I think the pictured photo was the first TD to Boyce for 26 yards, given the proximity of the offensive linemen. The 93-yarder you described followed later in the first quarter.
I remember having to explain to my wife why exactly I was hollerin' and cheering so loud in the house and sending the dog scampering to the back as I watched the game on tv. Wish I could've been there. A huge and convincing step toward the Rose Bowl.