• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Ah. So it's me who is the problem. Got it. Pity I don't subscribe to the PAY SITE where all this information is so closely guarded.

Forgive me my moral scruples. I am a silly old man who thinks that such things are important. I am apparently out of place in this Brave New World of College Football.
We are living in a post moral scruples world, I’m afraid to tell you.

Moose Stuff

Ah. So it's me who is the problem. Got it. Pity I don't subscribe to the PAY SITE where all this information is so closely guarded.

Forgive me my moral scruples. I am a silly old man who thinks that such things are important. I am apparently out of place in this Brave New World of College Football.
The hell are you talking about? Nobody said you were the problem, whatever that means. And the information is completely public knowledge. It isn’t hidden on any pay site.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The hell are you talking about? Nobody said you were the problem, whatever that means. And the information is completely public knowledge. It isn’t hidden on any pay site.
Look, I am unaware of the accused rapist status of anyone on the TCU roster. Next thing, it's a great lumpen mass of FrogBoard posters who are roped in as rape apologists. Just shoot the lot of us already.

As to "you couldn't have cared less about an accused rapist on your own team" shaming, v. "Hi! I'm an employed University Official who has used his position to gain your trust, and will now take your story and roundfile it, then lie to the University to see that is vanishes for all time. Wave goodbye to that Soccer scholarship, foolish female victim!" I think that all speaks for itself. TCU has now employed a sack of crap that performed the latter example while employed at a former location. This basing of trust, in a clearly untrustworthy person, reflects badly on TCU.

I hold the opinion that TCU has made a ghastly error in judgement in hiring a person who was involved in the rape scandal at Baylor. I don't care who has previously employed the man, I simply do not believe that it serves the University to employ someone who was involved as closely as Mr. Kazidi. It greatly diminishes my respect for TCU, and greatly diminishes my respect for the people who made such a decision.

It's just that simple. Your mileage may vary. I don't have much patience for people who do the things Mr. Kazidi has evidently done, and damned sure wouldn't offer them a job.

Dogfrog

I understand what your saying but IF that became acceptable then changes were badly needed accross the board.
Changes were badly needed. Not just badly needed, but absolutely necessary.

And I definitely think it became acceptable. How could you not think that with all the mysterious injuries?
When a school is sued by a former player for playing him hurt, that could cause concern at levels beyond the athletic department.

gofor2

Just bringing this back from page 4 to show everyone I am rarely wrong about anything.
You listed all possible outcomes, so claiming to be "right" is funny.
That's like me saying, it may rain tomorrow, or it may not but either way I'm right.
Come back in a week and tell me I'm a genius.

Double V

His players needed defending from Old round guys, in a hostile stadium yelling “good job big12”? Such savagery. Maybe their little feelings that needed a trigger free, safe zone, exit from the field is why they got blowed out. Just a thought.

I am very excited about the Kaz addition though. Bridles teams were a lot of things but “Soft” wasn’t one of them.
I agree on both points...and also stand by my original post.

gofor2

So we went considerably higher on a coach who has trouble clearing the November stretch, didn't get an AAC conf title, was not good in his P5 stint and has trouble with the upper teams of his league.

That is win now type of money. Double digits in 2 years kind of money.
This is a major problem that FBS is facing. The richest teams start throwing money around and then everyone else ends up overpaying, often times just to keep their guy from getting poached.
Mel tucker comes to mind. He hasn't even coached two full years, MSU is in 3rd place, hasn't won the division, hasn't won a conference title, but his agent scared MSU and said he was getting offers to leave, so they paid him nick saban money. It's completely ridiculous and often drives the price up for everyone.

If Dykes finishing 6th place in a G5 conference is worth +4 million. Holy smokes, what is Fickel worth, 12 million? That means Saban is worth probably 30 million a year, now.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Someone's going to have to explain to me the logic behind "I'm ok with him having a job, just not at TCU."

So you admit that he should be allowed to work. You're seemingly ok with the previous jobs he's had and whatever future employment he may have. But working at TCU is a bridge that cannot be crossed.

Either what he did was so bad that he should never work again, or it's not and where he works seems close to meaningless.

gofor2

On the plus side, Ohio State lost, looks like Alabama will lose, I am torn tonight if OU wins Baylor is shut out which would be great, but I would rather see OSU beat OU and send them home. My oh My, who to root for?
well, I'd rather not see the same two teams play in a week and that is what will happen if OU wins tonight.
If OSU wins, then we can expect OSU to beat Baylor next week. I feel both scenarios for the CCG will be boring to watch.
Besides, the B12 wants OSU to win because they have the best shot at the invitationals.

Last edited: