• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

FBallFan123

It is a pissing contest but still very Bayloresque if the conference is going around the interests of the schools to try to hold them hostage. I by no means will defend ESPN or have enough info to know what is actually the issue here but lets say that of the 8 teams, several are negotiating with another P5 conference(s) and ESPN is in communication with those conferences about a TV deal with such and it is talking to another conference about the remainders which could be between 3-5. I would kind of think that is how it works but what a **** show this is turning into right now.

ESPN burns down the Big 12 and then offers to maybe “help” a desperate few relocate into a P5’s and the rest get sent to the AAC?

AAC isn’t a P5.

AAC is a relegation to the Big 12 members who can’t get into any other P5.

FBallFan123

Is there any doubt that ESPN did exactly what they are being accused of? But enticing Big12 teams to go to the AAC? LOL

I’m assuming the AAC is for the schools (yeah, that includes TCU and Baylor) that other P5’s don’t want.

ESPN sinking the Big 12 boat and offering the life vests they choose to those about to drown.

Well according to one of the reports it was ESPN working with the AAC. So if that's all that was being done then I don't think any of the members would be very upset about this because none of them give a [ #2020 ] about the AAC at this point anyway.
I know, it doesn’t make sense that he would get so worked up about the AAC if that was all involved. Why wouldn’t the 8 just stay together and add teams rather than have 3-5 bail to that conference if that was all that is involved in this?

It wasn't much of an enticement, I call tell you that...

Look, for obvious reasons, I'm not going to get deep into this. The basics which you already knew:

- ESPN is against things that are bad for them, and will do whatever it takes to get what they want
- The Big 12 surviving with its existing 8+raiding the AAC, who just re-upped with ESPN on a cheap deal, would be a much stronger conference than a plussed up AAC
- They have $160+ million reasons to kill the Big 12 as fast as possible
- ESPN (and Fox, fwiw) is working multiple angles to try and accomplish this... Some direct, and some more up/down stream

At the end of the day, this is all posturing. What the ACC (not AAC), BIG, and PAC do will determine the Big 8's fate.

FBallFan123

I know, it doesn’t make sense that he would get so worked up about the AAC if that was all involved. Why wouldn’t the 8 just stay together and add teams rather than have 3-5 bail to that conference if that was all that is involved in this?

The 8 aren’t staying together.

That’s why.

And the Big 12 is/was a P5.

They don’t want the TCU’s and Baylors in a P5.

So kill the Big 12 and send them to the AAC.

Eight

I’m assuming the AAC is for the schools (yeah, that includes TCU and Baylor) that other P5’s don’t want.

ESPN sinking the Big 12 boat and offering the life vests they choose to those about to drown.

goes back to the idea that at the very least espn does not want five power conferences because it doesn't fit neatly with their cfp and i say their cfp because they basically control it.

understand people will say that the ultimate goal is pairing the power conference schools down to a smaller number which might be true, but at the worst 4 power conferences make everything cleaner and does anyone truly believe a school outside the power conferences is going to get a true shot at the cfp?

so, blow up the big 12, place a few of those schools in remaining conferences possibly and park some in the aac.

my question still is while i don't agree with a lawsuit exactly what should the big 12 do if they know this is what espn is doing? what is the worst thing that is going to happen to the conference other than getting scheissed over and going away which is what they are trying to do isn't it?

TCUWIN

ESPN burns down the Big 12 and then offers to maybe “help” a desperate few relocate into a P5’s and the rest get sent to the AAC?

AAC isn’t a P5.

AAC is a relegation to the Big 12 members who can’t get into any other P5.
Let me see who ESPN is trying to get into a P5. If it’s TCU, then go to work ESPN. If it’s not, then go to hell ESPN.

MagicFrog

Yeah because he already knows the PAC12 is not an option. B12 Remnants are being relegated to non-power 4 status.

No, it was apparently cockblocking something that was about to happen. It apparently wasn't even an ESPN rights holder that ESPN was reaching out to which leaves only a couple of options.

I wish ESPN and Bowlsby would both go away.