• The KillerFrogs

Houston Chronicle: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference

netty2424

Much more likely is that CDC could give two sh**s about TCU. He’s nothing but a salesman, and he no longer works at our dealership.
Anyone clinging on to CDC as some beacon of light during this time is seriously delusional. He doesn’t give one scheiss about TCU’s wellbeing at this point. He doesn’t work here, so he doesn’t need to be concerned with TCU in any way.

It’s more likely that he takes Donati along with him to the SEC than him trying to do anything on TCU’s behalf.

Chongo94

I doubt it's true that he doesn't care at all about TCU. He doesn't work here anymore so none of it is his obligation but part of his legacy here is getting us into a P5 conference and leaving his protege in charge so it doesn't seem unreasonable to think he would try to help us out in a way that is not inconsistent with his present employer's interests.

Well he’s gonna have to help out a lot because I’m not sure many have much confidence in his protege.

punter9

Throwing this in the mix. Texas brings both red river and the a&m game to the sec. the dollar value of that alone must be enormous.

Hemingway

yea the west coasties lack of passion for football is agitating. We smoke brisket and watch football on the weekends and we’re the rarity.
I remember being in SF during USC/Oregon week. Everyone wanted to go to a wine bar, wear scarfs , and watch the game. I didn’t wear a scarf but I went to the wine bar.

punter9

I lived in Berkeley for 2 football seasons. People didn’t give two [ #2020 ]s about the game. Even when they were good.

our friends out here thought we were kidding when we’d schedule Saturday around Tcu game time. Did not compute it was anything other than something you throw on a tv in the background.

Amazing you were let in the wine bar without a scarf and carbon negative branded footwear Hemingway

allclearforfrogs

Everyone in the Pac 12 needs to know that we are not BYU or Baylor and don't have any well known prejudice policies at our school. We would bring a lot to the Pac.

punter9

so if above is accurate

ou tex -sec
Kansas maybe drops football and goes big
Wvu- acc
That leaves Tcu and Baylor to choose from for acc. It does not help Baylor just won in basketball.

sure would be cool if Ohio stayed and Michigan pulled the rip cord to shake this up more.

ECM

so if above is accurate

ou tex -sec
Kansas maybe drops football and goes big
Wvu- acc
That leaves Tcu and Baylor to choose from for acc. It does not help Baylor just won in basketball.

sure would be cool if Ohio stayed and Michigan pulled the rip cord to shake this up more.
I’m not sure that guy knows what he’s talking about but retweets on Twitter are a helluva drug. The Pac-12 isnt taking anyone who wont increase their $$$ per school in the next round of TV negotiations; K-State and ISU ain’t doing much. I don’t see anyone that makes sense for the Pac but if they do expand yall, OSU and Tech would probably be in good shape if they can get over the private religious thing. Baylor probably has about as good of a shot as Abilene Christian

punter9

I’m not sure that guy knows what he’s talking about but retweets on Twitter are a helluva drug. The Pac-12 isnt taking anyone who wont increase their $$$ per school in the next round of TV negotiations; K-State and ISU ain’t doing much. I don’t see anyone that makes sense for the Pac but if they do expand yall, OSU and Tech would probably be in good shape if they can get over the private religious thing. Baylor probably has about as good of a shot as Abilene Christian

hope that’s true! I would love to see avg tv ratings by team, be very telling. All I could find was from 2013 and Tcu was ~48 with 1.3M per game.

Chongo94

Pete Thamel from espn just said on Sportscenter that he thinks this (UT and OU) will probably happen and that the Big 12 will try to grab the best schools that are still kind of available. Said that most of the other conferences wouldn’t really want any of the schools still left in big 12.

I’ve thought this conference was a deadman walking the last few years. Looks like the journey to the chair is almost over.

Last edited: