• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU PF Terren Frank enters NCAA Transfer Portal

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU PF Terren Frank enters NCAA Transfer Portal

By JEREMY CLARK

The mass exodus from TCU continued on Monday as the Frogs lost yet another player to the NCAA transfer portal as power forward Terren Frank announced that he was leaving the Big 12 program.

Franks announced the news via his Twitter account.

“The relationships and bonds built this past year will forever hold a special place in my heart. While I have decided to enter the transfer portal, I will always be appreciative for coaches, staff, faculty and all that have given support. Thank you TCU,” Frank wrote on his Twitter.

Read more at https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Terren-Frank-enters-transfer-portal-164065655/

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I don't get this. He was poised to step in next season.

This program is troubling. Not that we are the only ones with players transferring out but this has been going on for several years, flipping the whole roster a couple of times.

Paint It Purple

I don't get it. I am sure this has been asked and answered on here, but is it not terribly embarrassing and damning to Jamie Dixon that the players he chooses for his team all leave willingly or not? And, what must his bosses think of the same?

Yes, I know all about other programs and the "portal era", but this just seems broken.

Double D

Tier 1
More going on than is known publicly I imagine.

I don't get it. I am sure this has been asked and answered on here, but is it not terribly embarrassing and damning to Jamie Dixon that the players he chooses for his team all leave willingly or not? And, what must his bosses think of the same?

Yes, I know all about other programs and the "portal era", but this just seems broken.

TRF51

Did anyone mention Dixon is somehow the 14th highest paid coach in all of college basketball? How can anyone say we don't invest in our basketball program when we have had the second highest paid coach in the conference?

I guess we will give it one more year and hopefully we fire him early so we can get an early start on looking for the future coach.

ticketfrog123

Did anyone mention Dixon is somehow the 14th highest paid coach in all of college basketball? How can anyone say we don't invest in our basketball program when we have had the second highest paid coach in the conference?

I guess we will give it one more year and hopefully we fire him early so we can get an early start on looking for the future coach.

we need to pull a CDC / Shaka Smart and get him to leave without paying a buyout

dude has robbed enough money from TCU donors and doesn’t deserve another penny if he’s truly checked out (which most believe at this point)

tcudoc

I heard that Jamie Dixon has interviewed for the HC position for the Washington Generals. He is supposedly the leading candidate due to his experience in "doing the job that the Generals need him to do." Their GM stated, "No one else available brings the level of experience for this role that Coach Dixon does."

None of the players leaving are too surprising, although the number leaving is a bit of a shock. Basketball is a sport that can handle massive turnover, but you want some stability to build a foundation.

This feels like a hail mary yahtzee roll where you just go ahead and roll all 5 dice on the third roll since you didn't get what you needed the first or second rolls.

MadFrog

I think JD needs to also clean house with his assistant coaches. They are the ones who recruited these quitters. I can't think of what would all of a sudden make them good recruiters. The word is out on his coaches.

Farmfrog

Frank has some things he has to deal with. I was hoping that he would stay and become a solid member of the rotation.

Good luck to him.

tcudoc

None of the players leaving are too surprising, although the number leaving is a bit of a shock. Basketball is a sport that can handle massive turnover, but you want some stability to build a foundation.

This feels like a hail mary yahtzee roll where you just go ahead and roll all 5 dice on the third roll since you didn't get what you needed the first or second rolls.
The times that the Hail Mary in Yahtzee works out well is pretty rare, in my experience.

Paint It Purple

Now the particular players leaving may not be surprising, but shouldn’t it be considered that they were specially “chosen” and “touted” upon invite, as worthy of being here? Yes, kids come and go, but the number of swing and miss seems high.