• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I thought it was really good until the last 15 minutes and then it just really pissed me off. It dropped from about an 8/10 to a 1/10. I wanted to be like Greta Thunberg and say “How dare you!?!” I devoted like two and a half hours to this movie and that’s gonna be how you end it!??!

At least it had some redeeming parts. Now, my wife dragged me to see Mother with Jennifer Lawrence and there weren’t two minutes back to back of redeeming footage. I’m sure someone had an idea in mind, but the whole theater (about 5 people) left wondering what it was and wishing they had sat on a live taser instead.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

The new season of Fargo is ok. The two lead actors Rock and Schwartzman aren’t owning their roles, which makes it hard to watch witb the same kind of vigor I had with the previous seasons.

jake102

Dune moved back to October 2021 :’(

It's all over for the movie industry as we've known it for the past ~80 years. Regal has shutdown all theaters, AMC and others next. Likely all be BK by early 2021. The model was already shaky, and now is broken.

Theaters of the future need to be 1-2 super high quality screens, only showing 10-15 different movies a year. Everything else hits the rental market for $20-$30 a movie

Horned Toad

Well I ground through the rest of HBO’s Raised by Wolves last night.

If you haven’t started this, do yourself a favor and don’t. This show is worthless. Initially, I thought it had promise but it just continued to decline and fail my expectations.

Not a single plot and I do mean NOT ONE SINGLE plot line was solved. The show just kept heaping new plots upon new plots upon new plots as if they thought if we give you more plots, you’ll forget about the plot we raised back in episode 2 and have yet to address again.

I guess it’s some high concept sci fi or something but it’s just rabbit hole after rabbit hole after rabbit hole. Lame. It’s almost as if they were just making up things as they went along.

The acting of the two androids is first rate, however.
Chongo, I’ve been waiting until I finished this series to reply which I finally did last night. I agree with you about the Androids. I thought the series was pretty good and I’ll admit there is a lot of cliffhangers for the season finale, but isn’t that normally expected? I assume they’ll close the loop next year. The snake thing was definitely bizarre though. I’ll tune into season 2 when it airs.

Chongo94

Chongo, I’ve been waiting until I finished this series to reply which I finally did last night. I agree with you about the Androids. I thought the series was pretty good and I’ll admit there is a lot of cliffhangers for the season finale, but isn’t that normally expected? I assume they’ll close the loop next year. The snake thing was definitely bizarre though. I’ll tune into season 2 when it airs.

Sure, I expected some cliffhangers, yeah. But I also expected some things to get explained as well. It just really aggravated me to no end that nothing was explained. I don’t mind mysteries or weirdness in shows as long as there is some semblance of coherent thought process to it. For me personally, there was none of that in this series and that’s the main reason I’ll pass on the next season.

After watching it all, the best part(s) of the whole show to me were the ones about the conflict back on earth. Now that would be a show I’d watch for sure! They should’ve made that the show rather than this one.

But if they start explaining things next season, let me know and I’ll tune in.

Eight

Thoughts on Tenet?

enjoyed it, visuals really need to be seen on a big screen to truly appreciate, think john david washington does a good job as the lead and is believable in the room, kenneth branagh was good in his role, hadn't seen elizabeth debicki in a while and lot she was solid as well

much like inception they didn't get hung up on explaining the science behind the machines, didn't think the plot was as hard to follow as some had said prior to watching it, but in the climatic fight scene it did get a bit hard to follow all the various groups of soldiers who were dressed similar and sort out who was who

final scene seemed a bit overthought and that was my biggest issue with the movie.

if i was going to rank this genre of films by nolanL:

1) momento
2) the prestige
3) inception
4) tenet
5) interstellar

all five had plots holes and points that required the audience to accept certain things in nolan's stories, just felt the first three were tigher and more entertaining

tcudoc

I recall when I watched memento, I was drinking a Dr Pepper. The Dr Pepper spewed out all over the place as soon as the movie started.