• The KillerFrogs

TCU 360: ‘We literally cannot keep up’: Spike in COVID-19 cases prompts warning

TCUdirtbag

Some tentative good news from TCU today:

Total *active* cases are flat/slightly down to 418. No new active employee cases (still 3). 0 hospitalizations.

Roughly 5% of the student body tested positive so far in August (532)—352 of them last week. (There are 3ish employee cases mixed in those #s.)

We’ll see if things spike again after the weekend parties etc.

Tumbleweed

how much money are hospitals systems recvng from gov for each test? Must be a lot. Wife went to the doctor to recev medicine for a head cold. No temp, nor sneezing, no aches, no discomfort, just b a head cold. Happens every year for 10 years or so from typical old fashioned cold brought on allergies. Doctor told her stay away from hospitals. To them, you are covid 19 positive. Told in the health world, your automatically a corvid patient and are counted as ""16"" covid patents whether you are positive or false positive. Your in the books therefore tagged and if later told your false, they don't go back and revise, reduce. So the numbers just pile on day after day. Another Doc cut short a fishing vac to hurry back to check a local nursing facility for covid when seven days earlier he personally tested the complete nursing staff and patients. No one walks in or out of that facility unless your an employee dressed head to toe with protection. Appears the medical testing organization came in, tested patients and threatened to close them down. However, NOT one patient or employee retested by the doctor found covid. Three days later, a letter comes in saying we found positive covid results. The number "16" comes up again appears b/c for each tested person equals "16' cases. NO WONDER THE NUMBERS are so inflated. I can recite another huge facility and given the same answer, again. A "16" to one.. 'inflated' rate on covid. Naturally your asking why, quick answer I'm told, money! Revenue is down b/c of surgeries mostly and other procedures are not performed at this time And an opportunity for large sums of cash to these huge hospital organizations. The inconvenience, the resulting stress, quick life planning, etc!!. .... Makes you ask these at kids at TCU, how many of them are false positive. Yes, I know there true covid 19 cases but I get the feeling were getting the wrong numbers and its having effects on all traces of day to day living all in the name of what..!?
Seems these organizations have got to perpetuate this. How are my kids and grandkids going to pay for all of this? Someone is going to pay for all of this and I'll bet it will be you and me, soon. And the news organizations,...dear lord... especially cable news networks, they.ve got to stir things up, pitting sides (one news organization against another. You can surely get the truth from them now can't you?) in order to keep people 'talking and emotionally' involved just to sell air time. I actually think the cable news organizations are the people who started this countries division/mess, this hate, just to perpetuate. AND WE HELP Them.

We can have a democracy in this country as long as the press will allow us.

Eight

I figured there were a lot of people with elderly relatives. My bad.

my mom is in her 80's and she told me if this thing gets me it gets me

do i want the world to stop to keep her alive for a few more years?

feel that would be selfish of me though i am not hoping she dies in the near future

Eight

What do the elderly want? Do we even care what they think?

I have two elderly parents, one who would definitely be considered high risk, and they are so done with this. Have been since day 1. They have friends in care facilities that haven't been able to see family much at all for 6 months and who are miserable. It's sad. Does anyone really care what they think?

got an email from the facility my mom lives at concerning the upcoming celebration of grandparents

the facility has very strict rules on residents coming and going and we have not seen him since early march. i dropped off a package for her and my temperature had to be taken first before they would accept the package and even with that it was held for 48 hours

back to the celebration of grandparents, i can drive roughly 4 hours to spend an allotted amount of time talking to my mom over a phone with a sheet of glass between us.

yes, nothing says we love you like a prison visit

ifrog

TCU heading towards herd immunity....this is a good thing.

Maybe some of you should do some research on the flu and herd immunity since you seem to bring Up both topics when it suits your agenda.

It took decades to get herd immunity for the various strains of flu but Trump has you fools believing it will happen by Nov 3 with a virus that doesn’t even have a vaccine. Sheeples.

CountryFrog

Maybe some of you should do some research on the flu and herd immunity since you seem to bring Up both topics when it suits your agenda.

It took decades to get herd immunity for the various strains of flu but Trump has you fools believing it will happen by Nov 3 with a virus that doesn’t even have a vaccine. Sheeples.
You and LVH should lock yourselves together in a vault somewhere and see which one can't take it anymore and requests release first.

TCURiggs

You and LVH should lock yourselves together in a vault somewhere and see which one can't take it anymore and requests release first.

tenor.gif

4 Oaks Frog

the job of tech ceo's are to design devices that listen in on us, track our location, keep track of our personal information, use it for their purposes, sell it to whomever, and use it to manipulate our choices ranging from which soap to buy to who to vote for in elections?
How do you counteract that, right?
GO FROGS!
BEAT smu!
Spit Blood ~~<~< and fok baylor!!

Mean Purple

because it spiked on Wednesday with a little more than 100 new cases. The last couple of days have trended way down. I don't understand with ZERO hospitalizations why there should be panic. If the infection rate trends around where it was Friday, they should have people getting cleared at the same rate so no issue.
Also, news reports are showing the review of testing. Showing that majority of people of get a positive back on their test, are recovered by the time they get the results.

Anybody know how long testing is taking at the school?