• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

Ummmm, those guys are out on bail.
This week...

giphy.gif

netty2424

Any IT gurus in here? Thoughts on using VPN’s on home computers? Needed, not needed? Do they work as well as commercially available options for large corporations? If needed, any recommendations?

My company requires/installs them on our company issued laptops along with multi-step verifications. Figured if they value them, why shouldn’t I at least look into them.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Any IT gurus in here? Thoughts on using VPN’s on home computers? Needed, not needed? Do they work as well as commercially available options for large corporations? If needed, any recommendations?

My company requires/installs them on our company issued laptops along with multi-step verifications. Figured if they value them, why shouldn’t I at least look into them.
Depends on what you are doing I suppose.

netty2424

Depends on what you are doing I suppose.
Primarily just a personal computer for whatever people do on them, internet surfing, buying ship, managing personal finances, accts, personal documents, etc.

Just trying to add a little security to my computer.

I’ve always worked for companies with IT departments so when I have problems on company issued laptops, I juts make a call, they remote in and it’s done. Haven’t really had a need to learn any of it if I’m being honest.

DeuceBoogieNights

Primarily just a personal computer for whatever people do on them, internet surfing, buying ship, managing personal finances, accts, personal documents, etc.

I’ve always worked for companies with IT departments so when I have problems on company issued laptops, I juts make a call, they remote in and it’s done. Haven’t really had a need to learn any of it if I’m being honest.

Not IT but unless you're trying to get on the deep web or pirate movies and music, you don't really need a VPN. Just my opinion.

Eight

just ask lvh, he has to be on 5-6 different watch lists

netty2424

Not IT but unless you're trying to get on the deep web or pirate movies and music, you don't really need a VPN. Just my opinion.
Nothing like for me. Just a family computer, but I do access my financial docs/accts/invoices, etc from it.

IT is not my job or interest so I’m just not up to speed as I probably should be. I just see some the security measures my company puts in place and just assume I should be doing the same. And they don’t keep anything in place for long. Constantly changing.

I’ve had several key accounts in my business get taken over by ransomware, I’m just trying to limit unnecessary exposure.

Purp

The depth of knowledge/experience in HASMSP has never failed to surprise me, and I’m gonna test it once more. I’ve got a couple of drum smokers I built that I want to powder coat. Maybe a third if it’s not too expensive. Anybody here work in a shop that does that or got a friend/cousin/uncle that does or knows how?
Not sure if this never got answered, but I know people who do powder coating. used to get it done for window aluminum. LMK if you still need help.

ShadowFrog

Moderators

Depends, is it from a company called...SkyNet?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain

I use NordVPN but not when I'm on my home network as I don't use a shared ISP (e.g. Cable) and my network is more than secure at home. However, whenever I'm not at home I use it whenever I need to connect to any of my servers or do work on my systems when connected to other networks.

nwlafrog

Not sure if this never got answered, but I know people who do powder coating. used to get it done for window aluminum. LMK if you still need help.

I am pretty solid with an electric sprayer or a cup gun (electric sprayer is the way to go). I can offer some help as well if you decide to DIY.