• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cyclones (Game Moved to 1PM)

Putt4Purple

Relu
I love Cumbie as a human being (salt of the earth) and this probably is not the thread to write this but what the heck: Sat next to two former players at the local watering hole last night (both started under Meach/Cumbie) and both said Meach was the brains in the offense and that Gary was too stubborn in the whole Meach/Cumbie showdown.

Reluctant and hard to agree with you, but I'm listening.

TCUWIN

I think this is well known. Some dont like hearing it, but we have not been consistent on offense since Meach left. Defense has been average since Bump left.
I wish we had Meach.
When you look back to Meach’s first year, that offense was full of excitement. Trick plays (that worked), uptempo, both passes downfield and underneath. The next year, seemed a little off. I wonder if there was so much jealousy that caused the friction. And yes, the defense has been average since Bumpas retired.

LVH

You don’t want the HC to be held accountable for his defense?

I dont think its an easily fixable problem. There is a major lack of talent and ability at defensive end. I guess he can try to put other guys in there or scheme around our weakness there in the bye week

TCUWIN

Team did not look prepared today.
It’s every other week...or is it every week that we play a good opponent. We look pretty good defensively against Pine Bluff, a freshman making his first start in a weak Purdue team, and a pretty weak Kansas team. Are there any other patsies on this schedule. Where do we get three wins from? I hate that this question seems to be asked every year now.

4 Oaks Frog

71760087_10214691022458578_1288835529940402176_n.jpg
This is a Great Look! Should attract a ton of recruits...
GO FROGS!
BEAT SOMEBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

TCUWIN

You don’t want the HC to be held accountable for his defense?
I’m being misquoted. Lol. I don’t think press will hold him accountable. I don’t think he will hold himself accountable. We will hear the same bull crap we’ve always been told. Nothing new will come from the press conference. Media will be scared to ask a semi tough question.

TX_Krötenechse

I’m being misquoted. Lol. I don’t think press will hold him accountable. I don’t think he will hold himself accountable. We will hear the same bull crap we’ve always been told. Nothing new will come from the press conference. Media will be scared to ask a semi tough question.
In fairness, Gary has never once given a straight answer to a question in a presser, whether or not the question was tough

DeuceBoogieNights

I dont think its an easily fixable problem. There is a major lack of talent and ability at defensive end. I guess he can try to put other guys in there or scheme around our weakness there in the bye week

There is talent on this defense. All around. It's not just de. I don't buy what you're selling.

Froggish

I disagree on this. That team last year had every reason to quit and never did.

I don’t think they’ve quit on him as much as he’s can’t motivate them. I don’t particularly think the coach across the field today is a better x and o guy then GP but his players sure as hell respond to his motivation.

LVH

There is talent on this defense. All around. It's not just de. I don't buy what you're selling.

Our secondary in my opinion has played pretty well. The problem is our defensive line has no pass rush. Hard to cover when the QB has no fear of getting sacked.

Wallow has played as well as you can expect.

DTs are doing their job and taking up blockers with double teams.

Ultimately its up to the defensive ends to make plays and they aren't