• The KillerFrogs

ISU is 11:00 kickoff

Wexahu

That is good. Don't want a night game there. Should be good weather, too, if it doesn't rain. Temps should be in the 60's-70's.

I'll bring this up again. There is almost no evidence that it's harder to win at night on the road. That's basically a fan-driven myth. Hell, there is barely evidence that it's harder to win on the road, period. Going into this season we have a better road record than home record in B12 play. That Purdue night game in front of a packed house sure was hard, wasn't it? And good thing we got SMU at home!

MTfrog5

I'll bring this up again. There is almost no evidence that it's harder to win at night on the road. That's basically a fan-driven myth. Hell, there is barely evidence that it's harder to win on the road, period. Going into this season we have a better road record than home record in B12 play. That Purdue night game in front of a packed house sure was hard, wasn't it? And good thing we got SMU at home!
I think it’s easier for Patterson to motivate for road games because he’s used to having to get his teams to bring their own energy to those games from the pre-Big 12 years. Home games I think even he gets relaxed with the routine factor of everything that goes into a home game

Wexahu

I think it’s easier for Patterson to motivate for road games because he’s used to having to get his teams to bring their own energy to those games from the pre-Big 12 years. Home games I think even he gets relaxed with the routine factor of everything that goes into a home game

I think there is something to that. Also, fans tend to think bleachers full of people that are rooting against you makes it hard, but once the ball is snapped the guys are just out there playing, they don’t even notice. I just think the whole home vs road thing is way overrated.

WhatTheFrog

I think there is something to that. Also, fans tend to think bleachers full of people that are rooting against you makes it hard, but once the ball is snapped the guys are just out there playing, they don’t even notice. I just think the whole home vs road thing is way overrated.
I think you're mostly right. It all depends on the officiating crew. Take 2014 Baylor, for example. There was no way that they were going to allow the home team to lose a home game after opening the American Standard Bowl for its first season. I imagine they are still paying for those calls through their loan payments.

I guess we don't pay officiating crews enough to get some of that "home cooking" treatment. How many PI calls went our way Sat vs. SMU...1? Those guys were all over our guys, rarely ever turning around to look for the ball.

Oh well, I don't guess it ever gets old to complain about officiating. I "know" what I saw in person. I still need to watch the televised version.

Back to your regularly scheduled complaining...