• The KillerFrogs

Herman turned up the heat on LSU

Billy Clyde

no one believes you chris

Carefully crafted non-denial denial. Notice he DOESN"T say, "It was turned on and working well, and the room temperature was comfortable." Only denies what he (probably) knows can't be proved with a paper trail.

I know he did some great things at TCU but to me he was always a dubious character who could look you in the eye and confidently tell you something you knew was [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

MTfrog5

Carefully crafted non-denial denial. Notice he DOESN"T say, "It was turned on and working well, and the room temperature was comfortable." Only denies what he (probably) knows can't be proved with a paper trail.

I know he did some great things at TCU but to me he was always a dubious character who could look you in the eye and confidently tell you something you knew was [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].
Yup. Always came across as a used car salesman

Billy Clyde

It can be in good working order AND be turned off. Words are important. Also possible CDC was not aware because Herman did not tell him the plan.

You are being much kinder to CDC than I am able to be... 3 things weigh heavily against him in my mind.
1, If it happened to LaTech the week before LSU, it's hard to believe he didn't know about it by the time LSU came to town.
2, If it happened because Herman did it without CDC knowing about it, how does he make the statement he did without checking with Herman to find out what happened.
3, History, in the form of the intentionally misleading statements he made to TCU fans when he was here. The one that still burns me up is the BS he laid down about the +4 deal. Before it the reseating, I pointed out to him in public and in private what was obviously going to happen as a result of that arrangement (visiting fans in the best seats, longtime TCU loyals in the nosebleeds), and he said both times, "we are working on addressing that." Obviously a lie.

Mean Purple

Don’t believe it, but if true, that is as sorry as sorry comes and Herman should be punished. Will never be proven though.
The reason Coach O addressed it was there were some reporters and others in the locker room. It did not take long for word to get out. Even before the end of the game. By accounts, it is true.
Fans throwing things at players in Austin is nothing new. Which is why Burrow went back and waved at them when the game was pretty much wrapped up.
Folks trying to claim Texas acts like a saint need to wake up and see who the coach is.

Mean Purple

You are being much kinder to CDC than I am able to be... 3 things weigh heavily against him in my mind.
1, If it happened to LaTech the week before LSU, it's hard to believe he didn't know about it by the time LSU came to town.
2, If it happened because Herman did it without CDC knowing about it, how does he make the statement he did without checking with Herman to find out what happened.
3, History, in the form of the intentionally misleading statements he made to TCU fans when he was here. The one that still burns me up is the BS he laid down about the +4 deal. Before it the reseating, I pointed out to him in public and in private what was obviously going to happen as a result of that arrangement (visiting fans in the best seats, longtime TCU loyals in the nosebleeds), and he said both times, "we are working on addressing that." Obviously a lie.
ADs are sharks. They don't get to be AD without being sharks. Just reality.

Mean Purple

Actually heard Chris Lowe of the Tennessean confirm this.

Also said UTk visitors locker room us among the worst.

So if an alum disses on their school I'm willing to bet the other is valid.
The visitors locker room in Knoxville is not great, but not the worst. Neyland is a pretty old stadium. Can't imagine the engineering bill when they re-did the home locker room years back. I have been there. You stand at the 50 and it has the effect like Death Valley in Clemson. Feels like the walls are in on you. So with a crowd it is wild.

Mean Purple

That tiger is like a puppy dog gimme a break hes in a cage
ha.
Went by that exhibit a couple of years back. Very nice living arrangements for the big jungle cat. Walked to one area where they have a glass wall and Mike popped up with his big paws on the glass standing on his hind legs. Scared the crap outta me. He just starts licking the glass and looking around. Seriously cool mascot.

Mean Purple

When that big #90 went down and really seemed to be really struggling at the end of that long UT drive, it definitely crossed my mind that damn, at some point it just isn't safe for people that large to be out there that long in that kind of heat. He was beyond gassed.
the bigger concern was the cheap shots ut lineman were taking at LSU's d-linemans' knees. On one play they showed Shackleford and doing everything he could to lock up and roll on a guys knee, after the whistle.

Mean Purple

You ever seen Mike the Tiger or been next one that roared? Hardly docile and the role him up to get him roaring. Granted he’s in a cage and I cannot speak for Holtz, but it is still an impressive noise.
I'm always amazed that they have he cheer squad sitting on to of that trailer cage when they bring him out. No way.

Mean Purple

The funny par tof all of this is they stuck the LSU band up in the hell section. And you could still hear Chinese Bandits roaring through the broadcast after they goal line stops.

H0RNEDFR0G

Posted this not to defend Herman/CDC, but just because it’s a typical canned PR response.

I'm sure everything CDC said was true. The A/C probably does work and LSU and La Tech didn't notify staff. But the point is they shouldn't have to notify staff. You should know that the A/C is turned on hours before the visiting team arrives.

A large room takes a long time to cool off when it's 98 degrees. It takes even longer when there are 85 dudes packed into that room and have been running around in said 98 degree weather.

Even if they had complained the moment they arrived... how long do you think it would take to cool off? How long would UT slow play a solution to the problem?

Having the A/C turned off is psychological warfare. Complaining that the A/C is off is caving into the their tactic; UT wins the psychological chess game. Is LSU going to announce that their tactic is successful? You win, we are extremely uncomfortable, can you please help us?

CDC carefully crafted the tweet to make it look like they did nothing wrong. Come on dude, you know what you did.

froginmn

Have we put in a request for temporary AC at Purdue?

After Michigan's Week 4 trip to Purdue, coach Jim Harbaugh made headlines when he complained that the Ross-Ade Stadium accommodations were not so accommodating, from a medical table "out of the 1920s" to a missing X-ray machine to a lack of air conditioning that sent some players to the team bus to cool off. He called for his fellow Big Ten coaches to join him in asking for improvements. Purdue quickly responded via a statement that it would never put player safety in jeopardy for the sake of gamesmanship. It pointed out that a Michigan staffer had done a walk-through of Ross-Ade in July and that its visiting team manual reads, in bold type "there is no air conditioning in the locker room." A request can be made for temporary AC, but according to Purdue, Michigan filed no such request.