• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

Not that it bothers me, so this isn’t a complaint, but merely an observation. I thought paid members didn’t see ads? Noticing the My Bookie ad in the countdown clock.

So, working out this evening. Doing the floor to mil. press with dumbbells. I get done and just try to regain a bit.
A few minutes later I watch a guy blasting curls with a lot heavier dumbbells. Guy was going full on Joe Weider max mode. It was impressive. I stood there accepting the reality of my age.

I guess he went beyond the rule of "stop 2 shy of failure".

He starts lowering them down, sorta in front of him (putting them back on the rack). He looked burned. All of the sudden he just lost grip I guess and dropped one on his foot! He was wearing the old nike fly knit type shoes (I think that is what they call them).

At first I was a bit in shock taken aback. He just kind of hunched over and composed him self. We went over to see how he was. He just sorta waved us off, Picked up a small pack that he had his keys clipped to and said he was headed to the hospital. Limped out the door.

I hope that guy is ok. Tough monster for sure, because I would have dropped to the floor in absolute agony.
It was some serious weight he was moving.

Liked for Joe Weider.

Purp

Are they not going to have the damn scoreboard finished either??

I've always thought that final bit might be left open while they do more technical stuff behind the board giving them easier access. I just assume it's fairly easy to put up that last little bit to cover the scaffolding. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't been too worried about that.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Not that it bothers me, so this isn’t a complaint, but merely an observation. I thought paid members didn’t see ads? Noticing the My Bookie ad in the countdown clock.

It appears that My Bookie is now an official KF.c sponsor...and the ad in the countdown clock (and the tag on the "guess the score" thread) were added by the site ownership.

My observation: "My Bookie" ads seem to conflict with the "keep it family-friendly" and "represent TCU the right way" philosophies this site has embraced in years past.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
It appears that My Bookie is now an official KF.c sponsor...and the ad in the countdown clock (and the tag on the "guess the score" thread) were added by the site ownership.

My observation: "My Bookie" ads seem to conflict with the "keep it family-friendly" and "represent TCU the right way" philosophies this site has embraced in years past.
I thought it was an odd choice.

Ron Swanson

I don’t necessarily equate sports gambling with a negative non family friendly vibe.