• The KillerFrogs

The Beer is Near

berryfrog95

Quit scheduling Ark-Pine Bluff and I’m good with this. Pick a more interesting local Texas team or much better FCS.

Also, truly one of main reasons in/out was great was the ability to refill flasks and watch 10-15 mins of other games at the tailgate....

HFrog12

They are going to serve crappy beer. Mark my words. So the tailgating gets screwed and we are stuck baking in the sun for halftime and forced to drink crappy beer. This is the worst

Tailgating everywhere in the world, except for the TCU problem, is before and/or after the game. No one tailgates during games except for at TCU which is why our attendance is underwhelming, especially early in the 3rd quarter. You can literally find shade all over the stadium without having to leave. The one thing I can’t help you with is your specific beer need during the game.

netty2424

For all you cheap drunks complaining about prices, just sneak a water bottle of liquor in for your soda and stop bitching
Id be willing to bet security is stepped up a little coming into the stadium. If TCU is investing in beer sales, they’ll need to do a better job protecting that investment.

DeepEllumFrog

Tailgating everywhere in the world, except for the TCU problem, is before and/or after the game. No one tailgates during games except for at TCU which is why our attendance is underwhelming, especially early in the 3rd quarter. You can literally find shade all over the stadium without having to leave. The one thing I can’t help you with is your specific beer need during the game.

Can you show a causal relationship or are you just blowing smoke?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I was gonna ask: isn’t revolver a millercoors brand now?
Yep. Like Bud's purchase of Karbach down here in H-Town, the Big Brewers are trying to maintain a foothold in the "craft" market, which generally rejects the offerings of the Big Brewers. While this is better than their old strategy of buying out and closing a rival craft brewer, it usually means a drop off in quality and selection.

So, are we looking at Boobie Bar pricing (12oz. for $7), or Ballpark pricing? (12oz. for $11) I haven't been into the Death Star, so I don't know what Jerry pricing is.

DickBumpastache

tenor.gif

SnoSki

Yep. Like Bud's purchase of Karbach down here in H-Town, the Big Brewers are trying to maintain a foothold in the "craft" market, which generally rejects the offerings of the Big Brewers. While this is better than their old strategy of buying out and closing a rival craft brewer, it usually means a drop off in quality and selection.

So, are we looking at Boobie Bar pricing (12oz. for $7), or Ballpark pricing? (12oz. for $11) I haven't been into the Death Star, so I don't know what Jerry pricing is.

The sign I posted a pic of said $7

HFrog12

Can you show a causal relationship or are you just blowing smoke?

A causal relationship between in and out and attendance? I don’t have a statistical analysis if that’s what you are asking. But if you just look at the amount of people tailgating during the game and during halftime and look at the difference in 3rd quarter vs. 2nd quarter I think it’s fairly obvious. This has been a TCU problem and I think most fans recognize that.

Not sure what causal relationship you mean, but your complaints besides the quality of beer aren’t valid. Baking in the sun? No one makes you stay in your seats. You can find shade all over. I am still looking for a legit reason to leave and come back. I stated that having kids and wanting to leave and come back seems valid. I just don’t know why you would want to tailgate during the game. And if you do then that’s your prerogative and I am sorry they changed the rules on you.

Eight

scheissing ambev........the guys who started karbach had every right to sell out to ambev, but once they did that was the last time i bought one of their beers.

understand st arnold's is tied to silver eagle, but they still own and control the product and not doing [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] like using that parasitic state rep from north houston to sponsor state laws targeted squarely at the craft brewers who have been kicking their asses.

Big Frog II

Tailgating for 15 whole minutes at half time seems like a big effort for little gain. These seem to be the same people who wait until the last minute to enter the game at the start and miss half or more of the first quarter. I don't get why they even bother paying the high price of a ticket if they are going to miss half of the game. I hope the no in and out policy keeps more people at the game the entire time. If you don't think our players and coaches don't notice this, you are crazy.