• The KillerFrogs

FWST: How much longer will the Gary Patterson show last at TCU?

Best ending ever!
Hmmm. While it was not a bad ending, it did not match the impact of the shows. It seems to me (and this is a writer speaking) that they began writing this series with a concept but did not have an ending planned. This seems to be a cop out for needing to meet a deadline. I doubt the script was written backwards. It just seems like there could have been a better ending. However, having said that, I can also see why someone feels it was a good ending.

I fully believe Gary is on his last contract, which goes through the end of the 2024 season.

Six more seasons of greatness, and probably at least one more capital project... Should be a fun ride.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Hmmm. While it was not a bad ending, it did not match the impact of the shows. It seems to me (and this is a writer speaking) that they began writing this series with a concept but did not have an ending planned. This seems to be a cop out for needing to meet a deadline. I doubt the script was written backwards. It just seems like there could have been a better ending. However, having said that, I can also see why someone feels it was a good ending.

I guess because it caught me so much by surprise. I actually had to think about it for a bit before I got it.
I was getting tired of the hippie-dippie spiritual California journey he was on. Then all of a sudden we see the iconic Coke ad, "We'd like to teach the world to sing.." and I realized he had turned the spiritual blather into a successful cash cow for his NYC agency. Boom, the Mad Man returns.