• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

kaiser soze

So is this the first time HASMSP hasn't been able to provide a solution to a problem? I figured the repository of sapience here was the best place to seek counsel.
Purp - search the following:
Port your old cell phone number to Google voice and then forward text messages to new number

This keeps your old cell number alive and in your control (won't get reassigned) and you can revive back to a cell phone provider in the future. Requires Google account.

I think it's pretty cheap, if not free.

tcudoc

Love getting a call for a job I applied to but the supervisor wrote down the my number instead of the person they were trying to call.

I imagine the conversation going something like this:

"Hi. This is Bob Johnson. Yes, you interviewed with us for a job last week. I enjoyed meeting with you. You know when we were at lunch, there was that really good-looking middle aged blonde guy with the blue suit and brown shoes that interviewed the same day as you? Remember him? Yeah, so I was just calling to see if you might know his phone number so I can call and offer him the job. You wouldn't happen to have that would you? It would be really great if you did."

SnoSki

Just a follow up on my son’s week at the International Juggler’s Association Annual Festival.
So, he won the three big awards:
World Champ for Individual
World Champ for Teams
People’s Choice Award (voted on by ballot by all festival attendees for their favorite person at the festival)
He also got four gold medals for lesser events and won another audience voting performance competition.
He’s only the second person ever to win all three big awards in the same week.
Essentially, every single thing he was eligible for, he won. He was on fire.
Just drove back 21 hours straight. Super tired. Jugglers have trouble traveling by plane because their props come under severe scrutiny from the TSA and they often either destroy them while checking them out to see what they are or confiscate them.
I imagine it would be hard to carry-on flaming chainsaws

tcudoc

I imagine it would be hard to carry-on flaming chainsaws
Mostly, the juggling balls they use contain salt, which makes them easier to balance. TSA cuts them open to ensure it is not cocaine. Some also contain seeds, which are forbidden, especially on international flights. Then there's the knives and stuff that many use...and then the whole chainsaw juggling group.

Dogfrog

Just a follow up on my son’s week at the International Juggler’s Association Annual Festival.
So, he won the three big awards:
World Champ for Individual
World Champ for Teams
People’s Choice Award (voted on by ballot by all festival attendees for their favorite person at the festival)
He also got four gold medals for lesser events and won another audience voting performance competition.
He’s only the second person ever to win all three big awards in the same week.
Essentially, every single thing he was eligible for, he won. He was on fire.
Just drove back 21 hours straight. Super tired. Jugglers have trouble traveling by plane because their props come under severe scrutiny from the TSA and they often either destroy them while checking them out to see what they are or confiscate them.

Your son is awesome. I love watching people with the talent and determination to do something I couldn’t do no matter how hard I tried.

Here’s one of my favorite clips of the great WC Fields:

Purp

Purp - search the following:
Port your old cell phone number to Google voice and then forward text messages to new number

This keeps your old cell number alive and in your control (won't get reassigned) and you can revive back to a cell phone provider in the future. Requires Google account.

I think it's pretty cheap, if not free.
I saw this as a possible option and may go that route. I figured there must be a simpler solution, but your explanation makes it seem like a better alternative than I'd previously expected. Thanks.