• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

OFrog

i guess they shoot multiple shows a day, but even how many days was he in california?

do they put the contestants up at hotel? what about clothes?

realize the money won covers lost wages from work, but i am curious how the day to day of something like that works out.

A friend of mine just participated in taping for Jeopardy and her show will air May 23rd I think. They tape five episodes a day.

She said contestants foot their own bill for travel/hotel/clothes, but 2nd place contestants get $2,000 and 3rd place contestants get $1,000.

Horny 4 Life

It's time for the quarterly "we have to clean the house before the cleaners come to clean the house" event. As I left the house to go get a tire changed my wife was dusting the top of a little used dresser in the bedroom because she didn't "want the cleaners to see all the dust."

This behavior will continue to be the greatest mystery to me.

Frog-in-law1995

It's time for the quarterly "we have to clean the house before the cleaners come to clean the house" event. As I left the house to go get a tire changed my wife was dusting the top of a little used dresser in the bedroom because she didn't "want the cleaners to see all the dust."

I rail about that often, but then it occurred to me, it’s not a whole lot different than flossing and brushing your teeth for about 45 minutes prior to going to the dentist for a cleaning.

Ron Swanson

I’m fine with decluttering the house before they get there because I’m paying her to deep clean, not pick up our ship, but I’m sure as hell not dusting before she comes.

HFrog1999

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/day-laborer-assault-745319

giphy.gif

Wow, poor guy. That’s messed up.

tcudoc

The house cleaning issue is easily explained. You are paying them for x number of hours of work. If you want that work to be able to advance to the deeper cleaning that you don’t want to do, then you need to reduce the clutter so that they aren’t wasting their time working around or cleaning up clutter, such as kid’s toys or your clothes strewn all over.
An analogy is education. If a student shows up having done the home reading assignment, is well rested and prepared to learn, the quality of learning that can occur will be much greater. If they show up late, hungover, tired, and have done zero preparation for the class, the first half or three quarters of the class will be spent trying to get them up to the baseline of where the other, more prepared, student was when they arrived that day. The class will get to a much deeper level of learning with proper preparation.
Same with cleaning. The cleaners will be able to spend more time on the deep cleaning and detail work if they don’t have to fight the clutter.

I’m not sure “dusting” fits that scenario, but generally straightening the home prior to cleaning will be very beneficial, in my opinion.

*edit-Ron said the same thing in much fewer words.

Purp

This shifting of clutter when cleaning people come over drives me nuts. I've always kept my areas tidy and had an assigned place for all things. My wife... not exactly. I've noticed that only starts to become important to her when people are going to come over. I always tell her that if you aren't comfortable with others seeing how you live then you should live differently. Nevertheless, I'm now deploying a new strategy whereby we have people over for one reason or another at least twice a month. That way the type of pre-cleaning cleaning you described doesn't take nearly as long and irritate me so.

It's one things when the kids' stuff is strewn about the house, but an entirely different thing when adult clutter that doesn't belong to me is piled up.

Dogfrog

This probes the depths of human psychology. We are paying the housekeeper to shame our wives into action. A joy to behold.

jake102

If it were up to me the house would basically be empty. It would look like one of those super modern homes that has like three pieces of furniture, a TV and nothing else.

Eight

If it were up to me the house would basically be empty. It would look like one of those super modern homes that has like three pieces of furniture, a TV and nothing else.

so my first apartment was straight out of architecture digest with two lawn chairs, a television on milk crates, matress/box springs on the ground, and of course the milk crate night stand