• The KillerFrogs

The KillerFrogs Episode 115 – Special Guest Big Steaming Pile

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Special Guest and Fort Worth Star-Telegram reporter Big Steaming Pile joins us this week to discuss/debate his perspective of how TCU and Coach Patterson handled the KaVontae Turpin situation last week in this lively episode of The KillerFrogs.

Continue reading...

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Softballs, or was it an uncomfortable interview?

Listen to it.

There were no softballs.

He has some valid points and so did the KFC crew.

My hope is that TCU and GP use this entire KaVontae Turpin situation to tighten up their procedures on player background checks and avoid things like this in the future.

If that happens, then he actually did the school a favor, believe it or not

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Wouldn’t listen to it if my life depended on it.
That is certainly your call and I can understand your feelings about the matter.

However, he does have some valid points about how some of these background checks can be done by the school and the football program.

It's like he said, if a reporter for the Star-Telegram can pick up the phone and make a five minute phone call to the police department and get the answers, why can't the school? It's a valid point

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
This is sad. Sad that you all wasted your time talking at a numbskull who has all the morals of a Cleveland pimp. Muck cares about one thing: Muck. To think that he has any sort of sense of the responsibilities of the job he has, or to the town in which he works, is absurd. He doesn't.

He may have said some nice things. Maybe even things you wanted to hear. But, when he gets the chance, he'll slip the dagger right into TCU's back once again and laugh.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
This is sad. Sad that you all wasted your time talking at a numbskull who has all the morals of a Cleveland pimp. Muck cares about one thing: Muck. To think that he has any sort of sense of the responsibilities of the job he has, or to the town in which he works, is absurd. He doesn't.

He may have said some nice things. Maybe even things you wanted to hear. But, when he gets the chance, he'll slip the dagger right into TCU's back once again and laugh.
OK. Fair enough.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Sean and Wes, haven't you learned by now that the snowflakes on here can't stand any opinions contrary to their ignorant world view? Gary can do no wrong in their cult of personality. Even while he runs the program he built into the ground. Worst home loss in his tenure followed by what some consider to be the worst loss in any game. Add to that unacceptable player issues. he's not exactly earning his SIX MILLION a year...

BABYFACE

Listen to it.

There were no softballs.

He has some valid points and so did the KFC crew.

My hope is that TCU and GP use this entire KaVontae Turpin situation to tighten up their procedures on player background checks and avoid things like this in the future.

If that happens, then he actually did the school a favor, believe it or not

TCU wasn’t doing anything different than other schools and I am willing to bet they are more diligent than most. GP and TCU didn’t need Muck to tell them they may want to update their protocols. I pretty sure GP figured this out on his own. If Muck actually believes what he writes, then he expects TCU and GP to have Christ-like perfection.

Nope, I don’t buy his explanation one bit. He and the Startlegram sensationalized the story and created a narrative to drive clicks and paper sales.

I used to read the good with the bad pertaining to Muck, but no more. I don’t need him telling me it’s raining when he is actually pissing down my back.