• The KillerFrogs

Baseball this weekend....

Eight

I think you’re looking at four at most of the starting nine being returners and the possibility that not all returning starters will be starters this year. The new guys are gonna be all JUCO guys with the possible exception of Porter Brown.

brown capable of handling lead off duties or is that too much to ask of a freshman

Eight

realize we most likely don't have a wade on the roster.

i really missed watching him with those long first at bats that seemed to fluster starters.

best thing in all of this is schloss isn't afraid to make big changes though baseball is a sport that is easier to make quick changes

Moose Stuff

realize we most likely don't have a wade on the roster.

i really missed watching him with those long first at bats that seemed to fluster starters.

best thing in all of this is schloss isn't afraid to make big changes though baseball is a sport that is easier to make quick changes

In fairness he HAD to make big changes simply due to roster turnover.

Eight

In fairness he HAD to make big changes simply due to roster turnover.

tell that to the people in austin in regards to augie.

the formula wasn't working and he didn't want to do what was needed to make changes. i realize they were at different stages of their careers, but very few are willing to continue to evolve their programs

Moose Stuff

tell that to the people in austin in regards to augie.

the formula wasn't working and he didn't want to do what was needed to make changes. i realize they were at different stages of their careers, but very few are willing to continue to evolve their programs

I’m not sure I see the comparison. Jim isn’t changing formulas. He just has a bunch of new players because the alternative would be not having enough players to fill out a lineup.

flyfishingfrog

I’m not sure I see the comparison. Jim isn’t changing formulas. He just has a bunch of new players because the alternative would be not having enough players to fill out a lineup.
I am excited by the fact that the Juco guys look pretty comfortable so far

Now of course we played a JUCO today but everyone fielded their positions well and the SS and 3rd both showed some serious arm strength when needed and no one threw one into the dugout or kicked it while fielding a grounder

brown DHd when i was there so didn’t see his D - is he an outfielder?

The team still can’t hit a breaking ball but you can’t have everything- although Rizer did hit a triple off the end of the bat on a curve ball I think - looked like a winged shot on a dove down the 1st base line

Eight

maybe it was last there that the frogs made the change but last year was not a very quick and athletic team.

everything that has been said is they made it a point of emphasis on going back to that so my mistake

Moose Stuff

maybe it was last there that the frogs made the change but last year was not a very quick and athletic team.

everything that has been said is they made it a point of emphasis on going back to that so my mistake

I’m sure they did make a point to get more athletic. You aren’t making a mistake saying that.

frogtex

Lineup today was same as last exhibition game...not sure what that means

Wolfe-ss- juco transfer
Watson-LF
Keefer-3b-Juco transfer
Guenther-1b—juco transfer
Humphreys-C
Rizer-Rf
Henry-2b-juco transfer
Brown-dh-freshman
Boulware-CF

frogtex

I was super impressed by Caleb Sloan....92-96mph...very good curve.....also, Charles King is MUCH better and TCU has a freshman pitcher named Perez that throws really really hard

Punter1

Boulware in CF?? No offense but his arm looked pretty weak at 2nd base last year on plays up the middle and on double plays. Hard to imagine him playing CF like that.

Also...I thought AO was really making strides at SS last year especially as a hitter.. had to imagine him not playing somewhere. But obviously if he gets beaten out that's a good sign we have some good dudes on the team.

Moose Stuff

Boulware in CF?? No offense but his arm looked pretty weak at 2nd base last year on plays up the middle and on double plays. Hard to imagine him playing CF like that.

Also...I thought AO was really making strides at SS last year especially as a hitter.. had to imagine him not playing somewhere. But obviously if he gets beaten out that's a good sign we have some good dudes on the team.

Boulware’s arm IS weak. It’s not ideal but it’s a very secondary issue. They need a CF and he can really do that outside of throwing. The alternative is someone who has limited range/instincts and isn’t gonna make the plays you want him to.

Very AO possible he doesn’t start.

Pharm Frog

We better have a CF that can go get ‘em at Lupton. I’d like to have a CF with a cannon too but I’ll take range over arm if forced to choose defensively.

Pharm Frog

We have no one on the bench again because we have 3 guys in the roster that don’t have a natural position on the field and are all competing to be DH?

Oh wait, that was the last 3 years...

This is an interesting topic. Just how much margin do we have for position players? How many viable catchers?