• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Ohio St. Prediction Threads

WANG

@WANG , I’ve seen you mention a few times concern regarding y’all’s ability to stop a mobile quarterback. Why do you think that is? Robinson is a great runner once he’s out of the pocket. Naturally, any area that we might have some perceived strength in I’d like to hear more about ha.

OSU has had very poor LB play the first two games of the season, their starting MLB tore his achilles this offseason and is still limited. The long runs by Oregon State started by the LBs not containing at the line of scrimmage.

So if Robinson can get past contain of the DL, which can happen as OSU's pass rush can get "too deep" at times trying to get pressure, then it's up the the LBs to make a play, and I don't trust them to do so.

WANG

I've never in my life heard so much emphasis on how much a line weighs as if that is the sole indicator of which team will win, or even which team can run.

The Bills O line outweighs the Ravens and they just lost by 44 points. So, okay they are fatter? Must help them hibernate in those Ohio winters.

Oh, and to the guy who said O-line X weighs more than D-line Y, I'm pretty sure that's just called football.

giphy.gif
Yeah, I don't think it is that important, I was just providing the stats as someone on here said that TCU was bigger on the lines.

LSU Game Attendee

“Will everybody please just stop talking about all the bad stuff we did. We’re hoping it just goes away and we can pretend like it never happened”
Below one of the 247 OSU-Frog articles was a feature on Urban's image rehab tour with extra time in children's hospitals. Urban is reformed and a man of integrity- all should move on from what may or may not have been in his text history! Briles//"Can we talk about football?"//Briles

brut85

I am privy to some of the behind the scenes things he does...you really need to stop right now....the guy is extremely generous of his time....and YES I am speaking from a personal standpoint as my wife who is disabled after suffering from multiple brain tumor surgeries met him a few years ago in the hospital. The amount of time he took and spent with multiple people blew me away....I realize many people/coaches do this, but this one was personal.....

Below one of the 247 OSU-Frog articles was a feature on Urban's image rehab tour with extra time in children's hospitals. Urban is reformed and a man of integrity- all should move on from what may or may not have been in his text history! Briles//"Can we talk about football?"//Briles

Moose Stuff

I am privy to some of the behind the scenes things he does...you really need to stop right now....the guy is extremely generous of his time....and YES I am speaking from a personal standpoint as my wife who is disabled after suffering from multiple brain tumor surgeries met him a few years ago in the hospital. The amount of time he took and spent with multiple people blew me away....I realize many people/coaches do this, but this one was personal.....

SMH. Perhaps the most mind numbingly ignorant fan base that’s ever ventured over to our boards.

matmoo123

I love the fixation with the D-Line size. D line will have their moments with twists and stunts but higher probability damage will come from a 200lb missile flying out of the secondary on some exotic blitz. BOOM. Second, Bosa plays with a crazy high motor (dude is fun to watch): If we go crazy up tempo out of the gate, how does a guy like that hold up? I don’t know the answer but guessing that may be part of our strategy. I see a potential scenario where he’s locked up in full body cramps, crying big JJ Watt Rose Bowl tears by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

brut85

All I was doing was pointing out a fact that he is wrong....but nevermind. I;m out....have fun the rest of the week....

My fault for showing up.
Take some time to think about the fact that you just went out of your way to visit an opponent’s mesage board to use your disabled wife as a prop in some alternative reality were it’s OK to cover up spousal abuse as long as you occasionally visit hospitals.

H0RNEDFR0G

OSU has had very poor LB play the first two games of the season, their starting MLB tore his achilles this offseason and is still limited. The long runs by Oregon State started by the LBs not containing at the line of scrimmage.

So if Robinson can get past contain of the DL, which can happen as OSU's pass rush can get "too deep" at times trying to get pressure, then it's up the the LBs to make a play, and I don't trust them to do so.

As much as I like Robinson, he's not going to beat Ohio State with his feet. He needs to be able to stretch the ball vertically to give the Frogs a chance. Optimistic TCU fans discount the SMU game because of the rain delay and poor conditions. But SR didn't hit the deep ball against Southern University either. Gary Patterson mentioned this at the press conference after the SMU game. He said SR was putting air under the ball in fall camp and for whatever reason he's not doing it now. He went on to say that you gotta give the receivers a chance to make a play. My personal thought is that he's trying to protect the ball, and is forcing it a bit. He needs to just relax and try to have some fun. But it's awfully hard to play loose against one of the best teams in the country.

TechAdvisor

Rooting for the Big 12, but I think the difference in this one is tOSU DL overpowering a relatively inexperienced TCU OL. I've got Ohio State winning by 10. Would love to be wrong, rooting for Big 12, would be great for TCU and the conference to get the win. Good luck!

“Will everybody please just stop talking about all the bad stuff we did. We’re hoping it just goes away and we can pretend like it never happened”

Moose - I haven't done anything, also we could go on and on about what the investigation showed, but how is that relevant at all for Saturday? How is that in any way fun for either of us to talk about? I would never bring up any of TCU's issues that have no relevance to Saturdays game because that would just be ignorant. If you have some sort of issue with Urban Meyer, you can hop on social media and let your voice be heard

I didn't know Ohio State was so PC with all the black eyes going around...

Why call out someone for not being PC when the person being made fun of is far worse... Non PC comments are way lower on the [ Orgeron ] spectrum than beating women or covering up for someone who does.
huh? Either way, Good luck Saturday! Should be a great game.

MTfrog5

Haven’t read this entire thread so sorry if it’s been answered, but how do you think y’all LBs will do covering TCU’s slot WR or RB when we do go 4-5 wide?