• The KillerFrogs

OT - Pinched nerve

Moose Stuff

Anyone got any suggestions for dealing with a pinched nerve in your shoulder blade? Going on 3 sleepless nights and the last thing this board needs is an even more disagreeable version of myself. I’m currently contemplating drinking heavily and cutting off my arm if that helps.

Frog-in-law1995

Anyone got any suggestions for dealing with a pinched nerve in your shoulder blade? Going on 3 sleepless nights and the last thing this board needs is an even more disagreeable version of myself. I’m currently contemplating drinking heavily and cutting off my arm if that helps.

NSAIDs and alternate hot/cold on the area. Doc might offer a cortisone shot.

LisaLT

Massage therapy is good. Also get a foam roller and lay on it and roll it between the shoulder blades. That helps a lot

Chongo94

My dad had one once. Had to go to the doctor if I remember correctly and it turned out to be related to a slipped disc or something. I can't remember what they did to fix it though, sorry.

Greg

Massage therapy is good. Also get a foam roller and lay on it and roll it between the shoulder blades. That helps a lot
I second the foam roller however use it perpendicular to the torso. Roll on top of it back and forth in the upper back if the pain is in upper back and neck.

Frog-in-law1995

Only if it’s muscular (which it may very well be). If it’s really a pinched nerve, though, massage would further pinch the nerve. Need to relieve the inflammation.

LisaLT

Regarding foam rollers - this is a good investment. I use mine quite often for my back and legs to stretch out knotted muscles. I have found it really helps with low back pain.

ETXFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
I thought I had a pinched nerve and ended up needing neurosurgery. If it lasts more than a week or two I recommend seeing a doctor.

LisaLT

does the pain radiate to the hand or fingers? do you feel weakness in the arm? trying to see if this is nerve or muscular. nerve pain often radiates