• The KillerFrogs

2017 College World Series Thread

MAcFroggy

MAcFroggy

Stat is from 1940 not all time.

Since 1940 those are the only three schools not to finish in the top 4 in the final football poll, final four in mens basketball, or final four in baseball.

Or so not to use a random date just for aggies to say "that is a random year why not 1939", you could also say...

Since 1947 when the ncaa baseball championship was first held only three schools have not finished in the top 4 in the final football poll, final four in mens basketball, or final four in baseball. They are Northwestern, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Confidence Level Going Forward: We are going forward! After playing a dopey game against Florida, the Frogs have shaken it off and gotten back to looking good. With a win, we're still alive. Better yet, we administered the stake to the Aggies heart and hammered it in yet again. Everything else is gravy now! We get to have fun now! It's House Money we're playing on, and there's some good arms left in the wings, ready to stride out into the light and kick some ass.

I'll be having a beer, and smiling a lot.

CountryFrog

48-17. The average baseball continues.

Seriously, though, I think everyone identified Aggy and Fullerton as the two weakest teams in the field so no coincidence they're the first two out. That said, you have to be pretty good to make it to Omaha, even if you do have a favorable draw. It's not easy to win games in the CWS, and of course, no one can attest to this more than Aggy themselves. So very good win today for the Frogs.

We've got the pitching to give us a chance. Coastal did it just last year, with probably less talent than we have on this team. Just have to execute and get a few breaks along the way. That's what baseball is all about in these one game scenarios.

Frog-in-law1995

88165A4F-FB19-49AD-AD33-9204FE6DA1E4.jpg

PhillyFrog

48-17. The average baseball continues.

Seriously, though, I think everyone identified Aggy and Fullerton as the two weakest teams in the field so no coincidence they're the first two out. That said, you have to be pretty good to make it to Omaha, even if you do have a favorable draw. It's not easy to win games in the CWS, and of course, no one can attest to this more than Aggy themselves. So very good win today for the Frogs.

We've got the pitching to give us a chance. Coastal did it just last year, with probably less talent than we have on this team. Just have to execute and get a few breaks along the way. That's what baseball is all about in these one game scenarios.

Yeppity-yep-yep.

I will say that if a guy like Barzilli can get hot it can make all the difference between a title and a ticket home.

Sand Frog

Yeppity-yep-yep.

I will say that if a guy like Barzilli can get hot it can make all the difference between a title and a ticket home.

We might want Wade to get his first NCAA postseason hit as well. I'd rather not watch a 75% strikeout rate from Skoug either. Love the kid. He's nails. BUT I really wish he'd go up there trying to get a base hit rather than hit it out each swing.