• The KillerFrogs

Recent content by Virginia Frog

1. Virginia Frog

COLLEGE REGENTS HOLD KEY TO ENSURING SMOOTH TRANSITION IN NIL ERA

Yep, research says otherwise. I'm calling that B.S. Purdue vs. Rutgers, Iowa vs. N'Western, UCLA (in their recent state) vs. Nebraska, et.al. is NOT compelling to THIS discriminating buyer. Old downtrodden Wake Forest would beat any one of them!
  2. Virginia Frog

COLLEGE REGENTS HOLD KEY TO ENSURING SMOOTH TRANSITION IN NIL ERA

Why in the world do TV executives believe that their viewers (eyeballs) out there in TV Land WANT to see B10, B10, B10 football? With their "roll up" of a few premier programs (PennSt, Nebraska, USC and maybe UCLA --- a "directional" school really that in the past who we'd talk about with...
  3. Virginia Frog

Who will be starter

I hate to see Max not get the start in his Senior campaign - after his gutsy play for three seasons. But if Morris is the man to light it up...that's okay with me. I know we'll need our old Max at some important point in the season. The man has "W" on his forehead!
  4. Virginia Frog

OT - Olivia Newton John passes away at 73

We're cool, good man. Keep postin'.
  5. Virginia Frog

OT: Oklahoma's Gundy resigns after using offensive language

THAT seems like an unspeakable act too!
  6. Virginia Frog

What's up, Doc? (I just saw that Streisand film on Sunday and couldn't resist.) Thanks for the correction (and making me look a bit stupid at the same time.:)) lyrics: There was a time When I was in a hurry as you are I was like you There was a day When I just had to tell my point of view I...
  7. Virginia Frog

"Have you ever been mellow?" A sweet woman, and attractive too!
  8. Virginia Frog

TCU Hoops Thoughts

I would be very happy if the cagers were simply 8-0 vs KU, Baylor, OU and Tex-ass. And get Zona again in the NCAAs. We'd have excitement then!
  9. Virginia Frog

2022 Football Regular Season Predictions

The median of our schedule is WVU, K-St and TT. And the outcomes here will define '22 as a success or not. If Gary had been more successful with these three more middling schools he'd not have to be in Longhorn Purgatory in Austin. For TCU Head Coaches, their record vs. these three (and vs...
  10. Virginia Frog

OT - Movies thread

British actors are cheaper! That's why you see so many Brits in "our" productions. Lower cost is also why, for the past 25 years or so, many shows/films are produced in Canada (as a stand-in for the USA.) The government then requires the production companies to hire a number of Canadians who...
  11. Virginia Frog

What we are hearing from the Big 12 and Pac 12

If the Big 10 takes 4 more PAC'ers (to satisfy Gov. Look-at-me-barely-competent) they are nuts. Taking 2 more from the PAC would be optimal (for them and the B12.) (It keeps 2 spaces open for the Eastern flank of Virginia & NC to complete the 20-team Big 10x2 - ND is staying "independent.")...
  12. Virginia Frog

Big 12 Expansion

Maybe TCU is NOT in the Top 40/48/etc. If that is the case, I can live with that. But I, like many others, "don't give a crap about" this new horsehockey college football that FOX/ESPN is engineering. Their general assertion will be that the Big 2 conferences (and their teams) are the only...
  13. Virginia Frog

Big 12 Expansion

All that is true. It's doesn't satisfy me as a watcher of college football. It will likely lessen my engagement if this comes to pass. I imagine many others out there in TV land would agree. But, yep it's all about the money. This won't be the end. They'll figure a way to cut-out the Vandys...
  14. Virginia Frog

Big 12 Expansion

It is obvious to us all that they (TV people and the Big 2 conferences) aren't trying to promote and show to America the best teams/matchups, unfortunately. If it was an election, I'd vote against them. It's not so I (like thousands of others of a like mind) will just have to do the best with...
  15. Virginia Frog

Big 12 Expansion

I'm not in love with the NFL product and have watched less and less each season for probably 10 years. Not deliberately, it just doesn't give me the proper stimulation. When I start watching European Football, I'll know it's time to go the the nursing home.