• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU offensive line rebounds in scrimmage

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
FWST: TCU offensive line rebounds in scrimmage

By Stefan Stevenson
sstevenson@star-telegram.com

The TCU offensive line, which took it on the chin from head coach Gary Patterson after Friday's practice, arrived early and motivated for Saturday's scrimmage at Amon G. Carter Stadium.

The scrimmage, which was closed to media, lasted two hours despite some steady morning rain. Patterson was pleased with how the offense looked early in the scrimmage, including the offensive line, which may have received a boost from having Robert Deck back at the left tackle spot. Deck missed Friday's practice for unspecified reasons.

"They actually played a lot better today early, which is what my objective was," Patterson said of the offensive line. "It was good for them to read that this morning. They were all here early this morning and they were all ticked off." ...

Frog DJ

Good to see the O-line rebound!

As for the "Aggies' Soap Opera" section - what makes the Big XII-3 think TCU would want to join their "rent-controlled" league?

Thank goodness our school's leadership has a grip on reality in the midst of all this chaos.

On to the Big East!

Can't wait for Sept. 2nd.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Screw the Big 12. If A&M leaves and after UT goes indy in a couple of years, that conference will be no better than CUSA.

All people are proving is ESPN/ABC run college football, and they run it based on TV markets, not on the quality of football.

AustFrog

Glad to hear the o-line responded. They need to keep it up. And glad to see the comment in the article that we wouldn't want to work for Bevo even if offered.

TronCarter

He looked more like a lineman than a TE last year anyways. Glad to hear the switch is working well. Motivate Dunbar for next year.

asleep003

Very surprised at GP's response to the candidates, if Aggies leave Big-12... would have expected something totally different, as am in the belief we would have turned an offer down anyway. But I guess he let his ego get the best of him...

Cheers!

AggieAngst

Just curious what leads you to that conclusion?

Which player isnt like the rest?

DUNBAR 6'6"/315 (potential starter)

HORN 6'5"/322 (potential starter)

OLSON 6'5"/305 (potential starter)

DECK 6'4"/275 (potential starter)

FABALUJE 6'8"/320 (backup)

WOOLDRIDGE 6'5"/310 (backup)

MIKE THOMPSON 6'4"/318 (backup)

BLAIZE FOLTZ 6'4"/318 (potential starter)

BRADY FOLTZ 6'4"/305 (true freshman - even the incoming freshmen are bigger than Deck)

NEFF 6'4"/315 (incoming true freshman)

TREJO 6'4"/312 (backup)

TREV JONES 6'4"/310 (backup)

Wow he must be really tearing it up if he's slotted to start on the o-line.

AggieAngst

it is very difficult - not impossible but very very difficult - to play offensive tackle in todays college football at less than 290 lbs. Being 10 lbs lighter than the minimum 290 is a huge challenge. Being 15 pounds lighter is.......well........I'm not sure I've ever seen a BCS Conf team trot out a guy 15 lbs too light for the position. I'm sure it's been done before, in recent memory, but I just dont recall seeing it.

In any event it is very rare these days to see unless you are maybe a 5 or 7 loss team (which thereby explains why that team lost so much).

AggieAngst

So anyone who ever takes reps with the 1's is thereby "tearing it up" even if it is just the first week of training camp?

And anyone who ever takes reps with the 1's (no matter what the reason) is automatically "tearing it up"?

So far in the first week of camp, 36 players on the team in this camp, have taken reps with the 1's at one time or another. So by your definition all 36 are "tearing it up"?

Thanks for the clarification. I did not realize that.

Houston Frog

So anyone who ever takes reps with the 1's is thereby "tearing it up" even if it is just the first week of training camp?

And anyone who ever takes reps with the 1's (no matter what the reason) is automatically "tearing it up"?

So far in the first week of camp, 36 players on the team in this camp, have taken reps with the 1's at one time or another. So by your definition all 36 are "tearing it up"?

Thanks for the clarification. I did not realize that.

I was talking about the other part of the post.... that he is looking like the starter at tackle