• The KillerFrogs

BAYLOR FAN BOARD PANICKING - I IMAGINE TECH IS TOO

Texas Otto

can't wait til gary and cdc tell beebe to go f--- himself once the invite is sent out...

This really is starting to look like a done deal which is amazing (didn't think aggies had the balls) so now the bears are going to blame you and refuse to play you if you don't support their membership into the BE :laugh:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
UT and the Big 12 will never admit that they offered TCU a spot in their conference if the answer is "No"....And it should definitely be No! No reason to disrupt some amazing momentum to go be a servant to almighty Bevo.

Then let us hope that somebody records the call. That would be a fine thing for posterity. DeLoss and his evil minions will deny it of course, and the usual Media lickspittles will defend him and exonerate UT from ever having done any such thing, but the production of such a recording after the positions have been taken... Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth!

jckilman

I too went to the Baylor board for the first time. What got me was the poster saying that if Baylor went to CUSA, all their old rivals like UT and TAM would continue to play them each year. Sure.

Frog DJ

TCU getting a call from the Longhorn Conference and telling them to shove it is my dream scenario.
Please, Lord, if that phone rings grant our leadership the integrity and foresight to honor our commitment to the Big East. We are so close to getting into the BC$ power structure on our own terms. Don't let's go back to being a UT lackey now.
I'm with you, Limey! The Big XII-2 will cease to exist soon, and the last thing TCU needs to do is be seduced by old rivalries and the closer proximity of Austin, College Station, Waco, Lubbock, Stillwater and Norman.

I'm old enough to fondly remember the days of SWC, but those days are long gone, and TCU is on a path to brighter and better future in the Big East. I hope they stick with it. I'm very proud of my alma mater.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

Texas Otto

I'm with you, Limey! The Big XII-2 will cease to exist soon, and the last thing TCU needs to do is be seduced by old rivalries and the closer proximity of Austin, College Station, Waco, Lubbock, Stillwater and Norman.

I'm old enough to fondly remember the days of SWC, but those days are long gone, and TCU is on a path to brighter and better future in the Big East. I hope they stick with it. I'm very proud of my alma mater.

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

Cuse is a hell of a etter road trip than Lubbock (tumble weed U) or Stillwater (we'd really like to be a good science and engineering schoolo U) anyway!
:laugh:

Texas Otto

Go Frogs! Do It Now!

Local news just quoted Beebe as saying he is taking rumors very seriously so it really does sound like this is a done deal!

Baylor University, mired in Waco, heavily in debt, devoid of their past

political clout and having little or no recourse but to subserviently

nurse at the [ teat ] provided by UT. A sad situation, but considering their

haughtiness towards TCU following the SWC breakup...it's more than

justified....Screw 'em! :dry:

mtmedlin

If TCU leaves the BE to be Texas's [Rod Gilmore], I swear I may hunt yall down.

What does kind of scare me...another rumor is coming around that if Texas does go Indy, that they will seek membership into the BE with a similar setup to Notre Dame. I do love the Dame and think they have helped the BE but Texas I dont trust. They would give the BE more power....but they have shifty eyes...and I dont trust that!

Waccy Frog

I remember certain members of this board prematurely gloating at Baylorfans last summer, only to see our conference get ruined by the PAC 10, not theirs. So I would eat the smug grin for now. This thing could once again whipsaw on us.

Planks

I remember certain members of this board prematurely gloating at Baylorfans last summer, only to see our conference get ruined by the PAC 10, not theirs. So I would eat the smug grin for now. This thing could once again whipsaw on us.

All too true. History shows that conference realignment is usually a bad thing for TCU. Yet so many on this forum have been blinded to this fact due to their hatred for the big 12.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I too went to the Baylor board for the first time. What got me was the poster saying that if Baylor went to CUSA, all their old rivals like UT and TAM would continue to play them each year. Sure.

Of course they would. They want the W.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan

Well, those two Texas members of that crunbling conference are long noted for scheduling cup cakes in their OOC dance cards...plus TT just confessed openly to the same protectionalist game plan.

Now I ask you, what better cupcake than the Ol' Green and Gold, with which to pad out your schedule? But I digress...I meant instead, to call upon the better angels of our nature:

Can we not repay our long-suffering,small, private, church-school fellow Texans with good Christian charity... despite their lack of same towards us in our hour of need?

While schadenfreude -- (gotta love those Germans for coining just the right word for pleasure derived from the misfortune of others) -- is the most understandable feeling in the world, it is also, I say unto you, the least Christian attitude.

So I say, Brethren, let us commisserate with the poor souls in Waco. Let us extend a helping hand down I-35 to all the followers of IT SUXS TO BU. (Lord, forgive me that little lapse right there.)Let us wish them well. And may the Bears acutely learn the lesson of, "What goes around comes around". Lest we forget that ourselves, have pity on them, for they so richly deserve it. Thus endeth the lesson.

Frog-in-law1995

Well, those two Texas members of that crunbling conference are long noted for scheduling cup cakes in their OOC dance cards...plus TT just confessed openly to the same protectionalist game plan.

Now I ask you, what better cupcake than the Ol' Green and Gold, with which to pad out your schedule? But I digress...I meant instead, to call upon the better angels of our nature:

Can we not repay our long-suffering,small, private, church-school fellow Texans with good Christian charity... despite their lack of same towards us in our hour of need?

While schadenfreude -- (gotta love those Germans for coining just the right word for pleasure derived from the misfortune of others) -- is the most understandable feeling in the world, it is also, I say unto you, the least Christian attitude.

So I say, Brethren, let us commisserate with the poor souls in Waco. Let us extend a helping hand down I-35 to all the followers of IT SUXS TO BU. (Lord, forgive me that little lapse right there.)Let us wish them well. And may the Bears acutely learn the lesson of, "What goes around comes around". Lest we forget that ourselves, have pity on them, for they so richly deserve it. Thus endeth the lesson.
I wish I had a picture of the preacher in Blazing Saddles holding the bible as it's shot from his hand. This seems like the perfect place to paraphrase the quote that followed... "Bears, you're on your own."

Young and Horned

I like how they are making it sound like we need them and their rivalries. When they are in the MWC and C-USA, they will be paying us to come play at the new Amon G Carter Stadium.

I don't like Baylor and I hope TCU doesn't jump ship to a sinking Big 12. However I could see a tiny chance of Baylor going to the ACC. Baylor does have good basketball and they do have a strong relationship with fellow Baptist school Wake Forest.

I say we do not go too wild on any hate thought as we do not know how all this expansion is going to end until "the music stops".

mtmedlin

The only thing that makes me think that this wont whiplash on us is that we have Comcast. ESPN can do what they want in all of this and attempt to consolidate conferences but in the end, Comcast wants inventory and needs the Big East to survive and be strong. All they have to do is indicate to Our commisioner and a few key people (Oliver luck, Pernitti) that they will pay big and No BE team is going anywhere.

I do wonder if alot of this is ESPN driven. THink about it. ESPN has gotten their hands on almost every conference and has them in long term contracts. If they want to re-negotiate, they HAVE to do it with ESPN....for years! There are two conferences coming up for bidding...The Big East and then the Big 12. ESPN can wait and attempt to bid on them, which will be very costly... or they can help certain conferences that they control take choice pieces of the other conferences and leave very little inventory for Comcast.

Think about it. Lets say some superconferences happen...., If the SEC or Pac 12 take the top 3 or 4 of the B12 with Texas becoming independent, The Big 10 takes some BE/B12/ACC and the ACC is able to raid the rest of the Big East, who wins in all of this movement...ESPN. They would have tie ins or directly control 50 - 60 of the top College football teams. No, they wouldnt have everybody...just everybody that matters.

57Frog

They are speculating that they can get Notre Dame To join the Big 12 (-3) and BYU. lmfa
I don't know about ND but they can have BYU today if they hurry .
It's getting late but MORmONs will work on Saturday .
Go frogs ....Do it now

Genbukan

You mean whipsaw as in getting a bid to an AQ conference a couple months later?

I hear what your saying and there is obviously risk - but this isn't your Daddy's TCU. The administration is proactive, strategic and committed. I think we are poised to take advantage of any shake up in the status quo.