• 60-65k

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • 65-70k

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • >70k+

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters

Smitty

Remembering back to all the attendance chatter on our last game at Jerry World, what are your preditctions for this year? I know it is quite a ways away compared to the game last year as the season opener, but still curious.... -Do you think we'll top last years attendance? -How many will BYU bring? -Do you think we will close off the upper decks again? -When do you think we will start seeing figures on ticket sales? -How much do the predictions depend on our record at that point in the season? let's hear it.....

jake102

TCU and BYU should be ranked at this point. And both will hopefully be undefeated or 1 loss... although BYU has four tough games before they get to us.

Remembering back to all the attendance chatter on our last game at Jerry World, what are your preditctions for this year? I know it is quite a ways away compared to the game last year as the season opener, but still curious....

-Do you think we'll top last years attendance?
-How many will BYU bring?
-Do you think we will close off the upper decks again?
-When do you think we will start seeing figures on ticket sales?
-How much do the predictions depend on our record at that point in the season?

let's hear it.....

Yes
Yes
We already have
Somewhat

Froggle Rock

1. Yes -- Last year's attendance was around 48k, with Oregon State having an incredibly small fan base in the metroplex. I think we'll see around 55-60k for the game this season, if not more. That's simply because there is a good population of BYU alumni and members of the Mormon church in general living in DFW.

2. Probably around 20-25k. If you think back to the BYU/OU game two years ago, it was (obviously) a heavy OU crowd. But BYU sold their full allotment of 7,500, and requested more tickets from the stadium for that game. The final attendance total for the game was a little over 75k.

3. Partially -- If I'm not mistaken, bot the fourth and third decks were curtained off for the TCU/OSU game last year. I think that at least the third deck will be opened up, but I'm not sure about the fourth.

4. Probably around September? I have no idea.

5. I think records have something to do with it, but more importantly this has turned into a rivalry game. Thanks to BYU going independant, and LHCGP's not so kind words about their move, I think fans will show up to see who wins.

HFrog1999

Who cares, we won the Rose Bowl :biggrin:

Seriously, since we're going to the Big East in 2012 and we have a new stadium in the works with very limited seating this year, there's no reason for any attendance talk.

P

purplePPO

Many College football fans will want to see the defending 13-0 Mountain West, 2011 Rose Bowl Champions play football in a nuetral site against a quality opponent such as BYU. The ticket will be expensive but it will draw the casual college football fan. Texas is a football junkie state and there will be people from all over the state, maybe the nation wanting to see TCU play at Cowboy Stadium. If their records are undefeated or maybe only one loss then we will see a big turnout. I say between 55-60 thousand.

SnoopFrogs11

I think it will either be between the 45,000 to 55,000 range. BYU always bring a lot of fans wherever they play. Also, TCU and BYU already have kind of a rivalry.

Smitty

Who cares, we won the Rose Bowl :biggrin:

Seriously, since we're going to the Big East in 2012 and we have a new stadium in the works with very limited seating this year, there's no reason for any attendance talk.

true, it's not like anyone is worried about it..... It's just fun to speculate.

Smitty

3. Partially -- If I'm not mistaken, bot the fourth and third decks were curtained off for the TCU/OSU game last year. I think that at least the third deck will be opened up, but I'm not sure about the fourth.

Pretty sure the 3rd deck was open and sold out at the OSU game.

Hunt Together

I could be remembering wrong bc I was a student last fall and didn't buy season tix....but weren't ticket to the Oregon State game not included in the season ticket package? I remember a LOT of complaining about the ticket prices.

Based on that change alone that should increase attendance from that game last year, especially since we're going to break our season ticket sales record.

roddog

Banned
Date Matchup Score Attendance
Sept. 5, 2009 Oklahoma vs. BYU* BYU, 14-13 75,437
Oct. 3, 2009 Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (Southw Arkansas, 47-19 71,872
Nov. 28, 2009 Texas Tech vs. Baylor Texas Tech, 20-13 71,964
Dec. 5, 2009 Big XII Championship, Texas vs. Texas, 13-12 76,211
Jan. 2, 2010 2010 Cotton Bowl, Mississippi vs.Miss, 21-7 77,928
Sept. 4, 2010 TCU vs. Oregon State University*TCU, 30-21 46,138
Oct. 9, 2010 Arkansas vs. Texas A&M (SouthwArkansas, 24-17 65,222
Dec. 4, 2010 Big XII Championship, Oklahoma vs. Nebraska 78,810
Jan. 7, 2011 2011 Cotton Bowl, LSU vs. Texas A&M 83,514

attendance for all collegiate games so far at jerryworld, notice anything?

attendance will def depend on records, 60k plus if both are undefeated, could be much lower if not

PurplePutt

attendance will def depend on records, 60k plus if both are undefeated, could be much lower if not

Yes I did. I noticed that Oregon is way further away from Arlington than Louisana, Arkansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Mississippi.

I also remeber that TCU is a small school? Duh? I love how Tech guys like to talk attendance smack. I'd rather just win but I guess Tech fans would rather just brag about how big their enrollment is.

jake102

Project for you Rod

Take total enrollment + living alumni for each game. Then take total attendance and divide it by that enrollent and living alumni number to get a percentage. That should be the most telling number. I have a feeling that TCU Oregon State won't look too bad.

anom

Yes I did. I noticed that Oregon is way further away from Arlington than Louisana, Arkansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Mississippi.

I also remeber that TCU is a small school? Duh? I love how Tech guys like to talk attendance smack. I'd rather just win but I guess Tech fans would rather just brag about how big their enrollment is.

Agreed, of all the teams to play at a neutral facility of that size oregon state was prolly the worst pick. However, it was a great pick for on the field play.

I dont know how feasible it would be to get a game between SMU/TCU at cowboy stadium every year as a neutral site game. Any estimates on what we could bring crowd wise each year? Do it the opening game each year

roddog

Banned
I dont know how feasible it would be to get a game between SMU/TCU at cowboy stadium every year as a neutral site game. Any estimates on what we could bring crowd wise each year? Do it the opening game each year

and do this for what reason lol

Rabble Rouser

This game has a lot of different factors and moving parts going into it than the Oregon State game did:

-Game is in late October instead of opening weekend, which make for many unknowns. Meaning the records and rankings of each team will play a large factor in attendance, whereas when we played the Beav's we were both undefeated (so was the rest of the country), ranked, and optimism was running high. If both teams are top 25 when the game is played we should get at least 55k and if both teams are undefeated I would look for that number to get closer to 70k.
-The game being on a Friday instead of a Saturday like God intended certainly hurts more than it helps.
-Having the tickets as part of the season ticket package should help in a big way compared to how the Oregon St. game played out.
-BYU will travel for this and should bring at least twice the crowd that the Beavers did, and they traveled better than I thought they would
-Will Groupon come to the rescue again?

Anyway I know this is a cop out answer but I think the game attendance can be as low as 45k and as high as 75k depending on how the season plays out and how many ticket deals pop up.