• The KillerFrogs

"Herbstreit's a Hater!"

What a loser. Get a life. This guy is the biggest joke in CFB. He called the game wrong all night too because he doesn't know how to run the option any better than Oregon's QB.

Young and Horned

I could understand us at 3, but BOTH Oregon and Auburn should not be in front of us, especially a one loss Oregon team. Our Wisconsin win was more impressive than any of their wins and we didn't lose.

Interestingly, he voted his alma mater #9- lowest of anyone in the country.

I don't have a problem with him. Disagree with his opinion, and think he overvalued the PAC-10 this year, but no big deal. He's a good announcer and reasonable overall, IMO. I put him in a different category than Gilmore, who went out of his way to be anti-TCU this year.

NewFrogFan

Put Colin Cowturd in same bucket. It is one thing to talk about Auburn and the game they played last night. When he mentioned the number of bowl teams Auburn played he stated a fact, when he rolled his eyes and SAID that TCU play 2 bowl teams then they should fire his dumb [Craig James] on the spot for either being stupid (he is) or misrepresenting a school in an obvious slap at TCU (has been going on all year).

Sean

Administrator
I, too, think he's reasonable. Chris Fowler, perhaps our biggest supporter, voted us #3...what does that make him? It's their, hopefully, honest opinion. If Herbie thinks Stanford, Oregon, and Auburn are better than TCU, good for him.

Remember, it's the system.

If we really want to change it we need to put pressure on the NCAA, NOT the BCS - the BCS will NEVER change on their own will.

Rabble Rouser

Chris Fowler, perhaps our biggest supporter, voted us #3...what does that make him?

I can see the logic in voting the two teams that participated in the NC game 1 and 2 because they were considered the two best teams and someone had to lose. I do not see the logic in voting any other one-loss team over an undefeated TCU that just beat the Big 10 co-champ.

I can see the logic in voting the two teams that participated in the NC game 1 and 2 because they were considered the two best teams and someone had to lose. I do not see the logic in voting any other one-loss team over an undefeated TCU that just beat the Big 10 co-champ.
FWIW, there are probably some on here that "don't see the logic" for putting Oregon ahead of us, either- just because we don't agree with an opinion, doesn't mean there isn't any logic.

I don't agree, but Stanford looks pretty impressive dismantling Va Tech. They have one loss to the #3 team on the road. They have perhaps the best NFL prospect in the country. Sagarin actually has them #1 in his predictor rankings after all is said and done.

He clearly votes 'em like he sees them, as evidenced by voting his alma mater lower than anyone else. If every voter had the same rankings, it would be rather boring. There will always be outliers. As long as they aren't vindictive (like Cowherd and Gilmore were, IMO), I'm fine with differing opinions.

Get Your Frogs Up

I am by no means an ESPN conspiracy theorist, but I would not be surprised at all if ESPN encouraged its employees - Craig, Herbie, and Chris, there may be more - that vote in the AP poll to vote Auburn #1 and Oregon #2 based on ESPN's significant investment in making the title game seem as legitimate as possible for the next couple years. I don't think it's a ploy against TCU, but just a vote of confidence in the legitimacy of the title game.

BABYFACE

Herbie is no hater like James or Gilmore. He just can't fathom TCU being being better than STanford, Oregon or Auburn. I don't agree with him. WHat Herbie should learn is that most AP voters thought process was since Oregon lost, they drop. An undefeated TCU moves up and a one loss Stanford team does not pass an undefeated TCU team. Plus, TCU beat a higher rated Wisconsin team than STanford's win over VT.

The polls are not always who you think is better but moving a team up for a win, or moving a team down for a loss from their prior spot in the poll. Herbie seems to not apply this logic and just reshuffled the cards at the end of the bowls.

gdu

It is the same logic. What if they think Oregon is the second best team and Stanford 3rd? Someone had to lose when they played that game.

Not saying I agree with the logic, but there is logic there.

gdu

Herbie is no hater like James or Gilmore. He just can't fathom TCU being being better than STanford, Orgeon or Auburn. I don't agree with him. WHat Herbie should learn is that most AP voters thought process was since Oregom lost, they drop. An undefeated TCU moves up and a one loss Stanford team does not pass an undefeated TCU team. Plus, TCU beat a higher rated Wisconsin team than STanford's win over VT.

The polls are not always who you think is better but moving a team up for a win, or moving a team down for a loss from their prior spot in the poll. Herbie seems to not apply this logic and just reshuffled the cards at the end of the bowls.
You just made all that up. There are no rules about how to fill out your poll which is why they are all so different.

micahjh

If we had a playoff neither Auburn or Oregon would have won. TCU, Wisconsin, Stanford, all looked better down the stretch and in the bowl games.

gdu

There's no was to justify having us at anything less than #3. I don't care what your opinion is, wins have to count for something.
That EXACT same logic that could keep Oregon in front of us works with Stanford too (but no other 1-loss team). I disagree with someone thinking either are better than us, but I understand the logic.

HoustonHornedFrog

That EXACT same logic that could keep Oregon in front of us works with Stanford too (but no other 1-loss team). I disagree with someone thinking either are better than us, but I understand the logic.

WRONG. The "logic" that keeps Oregon above TCU in some minds was that Auburn and Oregon were the best two teams and someone has to lose the game, but given that it was a close game they could still be considered 1 and 2. Stanford was beaten badly by another one loss team.

frogteacher70

I can't swear that herbie is a hater, but IMO he's thick as a brick. Have you noticed his weekly picks? Always against the FRogs,
but also often way off.check out his bowl predictions. Clueless. By the way, scam just mentioned betting $. Too funny.