• The KillerFrogs

"Herbstreit's a Hater!"

So glad we chanted "Herbstreit's a Hater" at Kirk after the Rose Bowl. Because that's what he is, plain and simple.

http://www.pollspeak...=&v=40&w=16&r=V

Not to get all self-righteous on you...because I was standing there when everyone was heckling Herbie after the Rose Bowl and got a kick out of it.

But I didn't expect him to show us much love after that. He's not above a little vengeance. We took our shots at him, and he took one back.

That being said, I've watched the replay several times now. I thought he was very fair during the broadcast. He mentioned pre-game that Wisconsin might be playing the best football of anybody, and he mentioned it in the post-game show, too, to validate our victory.

His actions in the poll voting, though, don't exactly match his words. And that's the problem I have with him. He's inconsistent to the point of being dishonest. I don't trust him.

gdu

WRONG. The "logic" that keeps Oregon above TCU in some minds was that Auburn and Oregon were the best two teams and someone has to lose the game, but given that it was a close game they could still be considered 1 and 2. Stanford was beaten badly by another one loss team.
If Oregon is the second best team and Stanford the 3rd, someone still has to lose. I said the same logic could apply. It's not where I would rank them, but I wouldn't have Oregon at #2 either.

No one brought up MOV, but it doesn't really matter for the logic. Texas lost by a considerable amount last year and stayed at #2 under the same logic.

BABYFACE

You just made all that up. There are no rules about how to fill out your poll which is why they are all so different.

I never said there were any rules. I said the prevalant thought process for many voters in the polls is to move a team up for a win or move a team down for a loss from a team's prior spot in the polls(not breaking news). I don't know why my opinion is such a problem for you. Never said there were rules.

Your turn to spin everything I said and to deny you not comphrending my post. It's your M.O.

If Oregon is the second best team and Stanford the 3rd, someone still has to lose. I said the same logic could apply. It's not where I would rank them, but I wouldn't have Oregon at #2 either.

If Oregon had only beaten Stanford by a few points, I might agree you could draw the conclusion that Stanford could possibly be third.

But Oregon beat them 52-31, and Oregon scored the last 28 points unanswered.

gdu

I never said there were any rules. I said the prevalant thought process for many voters in the polls is to move a team up for a win or move a team down for a loss from a team's prior spot in the polls(not breaking news). I don't know why my opinion is such a problem for you. Never said there were rules.

Your turn to spin everything I said and to deny you not comphrending my post. It's your M.O.
You may have thought those things, but you didn't say them in the post I quoted.

gdu

If Oregon had only beaten Stanford by a few points, I might agree you could draw the conclusion that Stanford could possibly be third.

But Oregon beat them 52-31, and Oregon scored the last 28 points unanswered.
Bama beat Texas by more than 2 TDs and Texas stayed at 2. What if a pollster thought Oregon would beat TCU by more than 21 or that it would have been a closer game in Palo Alto?

Again, I don't agree with that logic, but the logic exists for ranking teams in that order.

Bama beat Texas by more than 2 TDs and Texas stayed at 2. What if a pollster thought Oregon would beat TCU by more than 21 or that it would have been a closer game in Palo Alto?

Again, I don't agree with that logic, but the logic exists for ranking teams in that order.

Because the voters recognized that Colt McCoy, a two-time Heisman finalist and winningest QB in NCAA history -- did not play a full quarter in that game.

A pollster can try to rationalize that Oregon might have been 21 points better than us, but it's kind of laughable, IMO. And I really doubt Herbstreit would say that if the question was posed to him that way.

gdu

Because the voters recognized that Colt McCoy, a two-time Heisman finalist and winningest QB in NCAA history -- did not play a full quarter in that game.

A pollster can try to rationalize that Oregon might have been 21 points better than us, but it's kind of laughable, IMO. And I really doubt Herbstreit would say that if the question was posed to him that way.
No, but what he might say is he thought Stanford would beat us and Oregon or Auburn are the only 2 teams he thought could beat Stanford.

If you look at our votes, we got three #1s, thirty-two #2s, nineteen #3 and four #4 votes. There are outliers on each end of the spectrum, and only off by a little from the mean. If he had us at #7 with nobody putting us at #5 or #6, that is unreasonable. But at #4, he isn't being any more unreasonable than those who put us at #1, IMO.

FrogJAM

His actions in the poll voting, though, don't exactly match his words. And that's the problem I have with him. He's inconsistent to the point of being dishonest. I don't trust him.

this. and also this.

If you look at our votes, we got three #1s, thirty-two #2s, nineteen #3 and four #4 votes. There are outliers on each end of the spectrum, and only off by a little from the mean. If he had us at #7 with nobody putting us at #5 or #6, that is unreasonable. But at #4, he isn't being any more unreasonable than those who put us at #1, IMO.

well reasoned responses don't get very far though.

most would rather whine a little. It's more kick [Craig James] that way.

BigEasyFrog

As a few others have said, I just cannot see logically how you can vote us no worse than 3rd.

I can roll with people keeping Oregon 2nd, they did just enough last night in a loss to where I see the logic, even though I'd put us as a solid 2nd.

It just makes absolutely no sense to me how we could be just one of two teams left undefeated and there are multiple teams with losses ranked ahead of us. Our schedule strength wasn't blowing people out of the water but it's not like we were playing prep squads each weekend.

FrogJAM

As a few others have said, I just cannot see logically how you can vote us no worse than 3rd.

I can roll with people keeping Oregon 2nd, they did just enough last night in a loss to where I see the logic, even though I'd put us as a solid 2nd.

It just makes absolutely no sense to me how we could be just one of two teams left undefeated and there are multiple teams with losses ranked ahead of us. Our schedule strength wasn't blowing people out of the water but it's not like we were playing prep squads each weekend.

Well.

We gave up 200+ yards rushing.
We didn't run the ball very well.
It took the Imaculate Deflection to keep Wisconsin from tying the game.

While Stanford obliterated Virginia Tech.

I'd vote TCU no. 2. but there is evidence to support a No. 4 ranking, if one were so inclined. ... but like was said, only 4 people thought that a reasonable option. Not really sure it's worth the fuss.

BigEasyFrog

Well.

I'd vote TCU no. 2. but there is evidence to support a No. 4 ranking, if one were so inclined. ... but like was said, only 4 people thought that a reasonable option. Not really sure it's worth the fuss.
I see where you're coming from, Stanford would be the only deserving candidate for #2 or #3 IMO, my only response to that is that they beat a team ranked nearly 15th at the time, we beat a team that was ranked 5th. Not sure if that is fair or too simplistic of reasoning, but that's all I can think of.

stevenewilson

Well.

But Virginia Tech was not the #5 team in the country and Wisconsin didn't lose to a DII school like VT. Our win over Wisconsin was a much better win than Stanford's win over VT.

gdu

But Virginia Tech was not the #5 team in the country and Wisconsin didn't lose to a DII school like VT. Our win over Wisconsin was a much better win than Stanford's win over VT.
So you must think Boise's win over VT was a much better win than our win at Utah. Can't have it both ways.

gdu

Good grief. What in the world are you trying to prove?

That's rhetorical...please, for all of our sake's, don't answer.
Nothing, other than that there is logic behind having us at 4 and Stanford at 3 if you believe the things I mentioned earlier. I don't agree with it and wouldn't have posted about it if people hadn't said it wasn't logical.

freebird

Pegged it!

About as dishonest as the way he called that game last night. Actions rarely matched his hyperbole or was hyp-per-herbie.

Here is all we really need to understand and it speaks volumes.
Where the #4 voters were from (attempting to skew the results)

-Wisconsin - Wisconsin State Journal (Newspaper) Madison, WI
- Oregon - Oregonian (Newspaper) Portland, OR
- South Bend, IN - South Bend Tribune (Newspaper)
and
- Hatesville Ohio - Herbie

Each vote directly correlates to jealousy, envy and or vengeance all in cheap attempts to skew the final results and all should be held accountable for their petty transparencies.
ohmy.gif

Sports charlatans each.

Each wins today's:

---- Phony Awards -----
phony-balony.jpg

Latest posts