• The KillerFrogs

Tie goes to......

weklfrog

Seriously....you think this is productive. And you let SMU rush for 192 yards. That is 3X our per game average.

Eough.
so you are really trying to compare the highest rushing game by an opponent of ours against your average? Just when do you get out of middle school? Let me tell you, high school math is a lot harder than middle school arithmetic.

Certainly you haven't had to resort to cherry picking defensive stats, especially since we are ahead of boise in total defense, passing defense, and scoring defense.

Trelvis

50cat.gif

bsufan99999

BSU thrives with a chip on its shoulder.

Just curious.....

How big do you think that chip is right now given what is happening?

The only salvation Idaho may have this weekend is that Pete is too classy to try to score too much.... despite the rivalry.

Dogfrog

A little Boise-style math to trump all the Fiesta talk.

TCU beat N. Illinois by 30
N. Illinois beating Toledo by 35
That makes TCU 65 points better than Toledo
Boise beat Toledo by only 43

TCU is 22 points better than Boise.

bsufan99999

so you are really trying to compare the highest rushing game by an opponent of ours against your average? Just when do you get out of middle school? Let me tell you, high school math is a lot harder than middle school arithmetic.

Certainly you haven't had to resort to cherry picking defensive stats, especially since we are ahead of boise in total defense, passing defense, and scoring defense.

I got my Ivy league graduate degree 15 years ago.

You are also ahead of BSU in yards conceded per play. TCU yields 4.0 yards per play. BSU yields 3.74....#1 in the country.

Are you done with the [ teat ] for tat yet?

The bottom line is do you support a beauty contest or on the field results?

bsufan99999

A little Boise-style math to trump all the Fiesta talk.

TCU beat N. Illinois by 30
N. Illinois beating Toledo by 35
That makes TCU 65 points better than Toledo
Boise beat Toledo by only 43

TCU is 22 points better than Boise.

BSU is 7 points better than TCU. Still have the game on my TIVO.

Scoreboard.

cdsfrog

You are also ahead of BSU in yards conceded per play. TCU yields 4.0 yards per play. BSU yields 3.74....#1 in the country.

frankly I'd be shocked if you got your GED. You're an embarassment to boise fans and the state of Idaho in general

NubomTurk

Tier 1
You didn't answer my question, Mr. bsufanperson...
Yeah, he didn't answer mine, either.

9999 seems to be taking a high-quality data point with a shelf life (and an expiration date that is open to debate) and using that single data point to outweigh a whole lot of much fresher, lower-quality data points.

Translation: to 9999, BSU's Fiesta Bowl victory trumps the entire 2010 football season. And hey, TCU and Boise haven't played head to head in 2010, so it's his right to think that.

But it's also his opinion, and in his opening post, he voiced his opinion as "breaking the tie" while later on in the thread denouncing a system that depends on selected people's opinions.

Well, I think the system stinks, too. I'm glad we're playing head to head next year and that for awhile, the MWC will be a de facto BCS auto-bid conference.

But in my opinion, TCU would beat Boise State this year.

And 9999's avatar freakin' ROCKS.

Austintxfrog94

The kicker to me for this year was the performance of Boise against La Tech. When you give up almost 400 total yards and 25 first downs to a 3-6 La Tech team you're not quite as stout as I once perceived. I definitely understand the frustration from Boise fans though...it sucks.

VictoryLap

Hey Frog Fans,

I have nothing but respect for your team. They are outstanding... much like the one that I support. They are dominating competition... much like the one I support. They beat BCS conference teams.... much like the one I support.

How do we break a tie between these two teams? They are a dead heat.

Unlike most situations like this, we have recent evidence of these teams matched up head to head. And Boise State won. It is the game most closely timed with this season played in calendar year 2011 and includes virtually the same cast of characters.

I know it isn't popular, but in this case, it is pretty clear the tie should go the Broncos.

I know some of you want to ignore this and wish that there will be some justification that overrules this. But I doubt you can look me in the eye and stand with integrity and tell me otherwise.
Tie is broken by the BCS. Remember, the WAC signed up for that...

OmniscienceFrog

On the field is much better, but are we going to get to play each other on the field so it can be proven that way?

bsufan99999

The kicker to me for this year was the performance of Boise against La Tech. When you give up almost 400 total yards and 25 first downs to a 3-6 La Tech team you're not quite as stout as I once perceived. I definitely understand the frustration from Boise fans though...it sucks.

The kicker to me for this year was the performance of Boise TCU against La Tech SMU. When you give up almost 400 total yards and 25 19 first downs to a 3-6 La Tech 5-5 SMU team you're not quite as stout as I once perceived.

Goodnight

SMU is known as an offensive team and Louisiana Tech was not, it was a road game instead of a home game, it was a rivalry game and it was on a short week, SMU is better than Louisiana Tech.

SMU gained half their yards on a gimmick belly draw trap play that they used over and over again.