• The KillerFrogs

The Roadtrip 2.0: Begins

SnoSki

Hey friends,

Just an FYI that TCU J-Sauce and I are headed to SLC this afternoon. It will be a 1,200 mile trip one-way from Fort Worth, and we expect to be in SLC sometime around noon Friday. I'll see what I can do to get occasional updates posted as we make our trek through the night!

We'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we make the trip..see you in SLC!!!

D

Daniel Plainview

Hey friends,

Just an FYI that TCU J-Sauce and I are headed to SLC this afternoon. It will be a 1,200 mile trip one-way from Fort Worth, and we expect to be in SLC sometime around noon Friday. I'll see what I can do to get occasional updates posted as we make our trek through the night!

We'd appreciate your thoughts and prayers as we make the trip..see you in SLC!!!

When youre riding shotgun, don't forget the "rules of the road" (I'm pretty sure thats how J-Sauce got hiz name....:laugh:

Jay-and-Silent-Bob-Strikes-Back-playing-nun-1.jpg

Cougar/Frog

What's your route? A lot of pretty country to go through--once you get out of Texas that is......

Oh, and watch out for Colorado policemen --- they like gunning for out of state plates (and I know more than a few truckers that avoid the state for that reason)

Houston Frog

If you're going to pee in a cup to save time on pitstops, when pouring the urine out of the window, make sure to rotate the cup upwards and not downwards (your right arm should rotate clockwise or if going out the other window, your left arm should rotate counter clockwise).... I learned this one the hard way on a drive to Denver from Houston.

Nothing like an arm covered in piss to ruin your evening

tcujsauce

If you're going to pee in a cup to save time on pitstops, when pouring the urine out of the window, make sure to rotate the cup upwards and not downwards (your right arm should rotate clockwise or if going out the other window, your left arm should rotate counter clockwise).... I learned this one the hard way on a drive to Denver from Houston.

Dually noted, Houston. Your words of wisdom are much appreciated.

TCURiggs

I've always said that.

Related side story - I went to watch Bravehart with my parents when I was young, and I had to take a leak before it started. My Dad walks in the restroom behind me and decides to push me while I'm peeing, and I end up pissing all over my shirt. So, I had to sit through that 3.5 hr movie with a piss covered t-shirt...that will ruin a movie watching experience.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Beware the Big Texas Steakhouse in Amarillo. It is the town's only tourist trap.

There is a Hoffbrau Steakhouse on the far side of Amarillo on 40. It'll be on the eastbound side of the road by a big mall.

Waitaminute. Duh. If y'all are already on the road, it's 320 miles to Amarillo. That's 6 hours. Kitchens in Amarillo be closed at that hour...

Try the K-Bob's Steakhouse in Childress. Last time I stopped in it was reasonably good.

tcujsauce

We are well down the road after dragging through 35N. We probably won't be stopping to eat, just grabbing fast stuff and staying on the road!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, don't OD on RedBull.

Country music always kept me awake on overnighters. The pain is so excruciating you cannot think of sleep...