• The KillerFrogs

White Out at Utah?

aebrown22

but to act like TCU will only have 1,000 people there when we sold out our 3,000 seat allotment and I personally know a bunch of people going who got tickets through sources other than TCU, is ignorant and biased.

Would you say that they are really dumb?

Attachments

• bedroom intruder.jpg
    bedroom intruder.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 39

salUTE65

I don't understand why you keep bringing up this mini-plan. The ticket office can't take them out of the visitor section and i think it's a NCAA rule if not mistaken that each school is allowed a minium os 2500 tickets or something aaround there. TCU fans could turn this around on yall since Utah brought maybe 1200 fans last year.

Yes they (ticket office) can, and they did. FWIW, Utah probably only had about 800 fans in Ft. Worth last year and player families especially, weren't too happy about it because TCU shorted Utah on tickets big time. That is a fact, because I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with it. You guys got so excited about a sell-out. Think you'll have 3500 fans in RES if you want, but you won't. BYU is the only school who fills up 3,000 seats in the visitor section and the only other school that has even come close this decade was Boise State in 2006. Texas A&M brought about 2,000 for a Thursday night home opener in 2004. Why the hell am I even arguing this?....I don't know......here's to seeing all 3500 of you in Salt Lake next month!! (I know attendance is a touchy issue around these parts). Hope old people like cold, snowy weather.

Mike Brooks

I expect 2500 of us there. We will look small and hard to hear in the 1st Q. Then we will become more and more noticeable as the game goes along. When the 3rd Q starts and we are up 31-3 we will be very noticeable amid the black tide flowing out of the stadium.

I respect Utah (unlike MD) but I am looking for a massive beatdaown!

TrueUte

I don't understand why you keep bringing up this mini-plan. The ticket office can't take them out of the visitor section and i think it's a NCAA rule if not mistaken that each school is allowed a minium os 2500 tickets or something aaround there. TCU fans could turn this around on yall since Utah brought maybe 1200 fans last year.

It's my understanding that the mini plan tickets were tickets that were returned by the visiting team as unsold. There were very few TCU tickets returned which is why the mini plans were mostly made up of teams like Colorado State. The tickets on Stubb Hubb are probably tickets being sold by the idiot BYU fans that buy season tickets just to get tickets to the BYU game.

Personally I think it will be great if a lot of TCU fans are there and I hope Ute fans are courteous and welcoming regardless of who wins. And if there are TCU fans in my section (I'm not anywhere near the visitors section) I promise to welcome you there. We went to the Ute game in Oregon last year and had Oregon fans be really rude to us, so I now go out of my way to welcome fans of the opposing team. I'll be cheering long and loud for a victory for my Utes, but all of you TCU fans are welcome to come to Rice-Eccles and do the same for your team. GO UTES!

joefrog91

It's my understanding that the mini plan tickets were tickets that were returned by the visiting team as unsold. There were very few TCU tickets returned which is why the mini plans were mostly made up of teams like Colorado State. The tickets on Stubb Hubb are probably tickets being sold by the idiot BYU fans that buy season tickets just to get tickets to the BYU game.

Personally I think it will be great if a lot of TCU fans are there and I hope Ute fans are courteous and welcoming regardless of who wins. And if there are TCU fans in my section (I'm not anywhere near the visitors section) I promise to welcome you there. We went to the Ute game in Oregon last year and had Oregon fans be really rude to us, so I now go out of my way to welcome fans of the opposing team. I'll be cheering long and loud for a victory for my Utes, but all of you TCU fans are welcome to come to Rice-Eccles and do the same for your team. GO UTES!

Okay, so you have confirmation that TCU visitor tickets were returned? And someone here has confirmation we sold out the allotment? I'm confused. :wacko:

TrueUte

Okay, so you have confirmation that TCU visitor tickets were returned? And someone here has confirmation we sold out the allotment? I'm confused. :wacko:

No, I don't have confirmation. I only know that the mini plans were made up of tickets returned from visiting teams because our stadium sold out with season ticket sales back in July. There were only single seats here and there that were not sold via season tickets. But there were a few TCU tickets in the mini plans, although very few. My sources are co-workers (I work at the university) and fellow Ute fans, no official ticket office source.

MTfrog5

No, I don't have confirmation. I only know that the mini plans were made up of tickets returned from visiting teams because our stadium sold out with season ticket sales back in July. There were only single seats here and there that were not sold via season tickets. But there were a few TCU tickets in the mini plans, although very few. My sources are co-workers (I work at the university) and fellow Ute fans, no official ticket office source.

Alright that is a better answer than the one before even though I'm not sure why TCU would send back tickets...?

FrogsMcGee

There is no problem with banter. Your 1500 number is just too low. We didn't return over 1000 tickets. I would bet money that we sold at least 2000 from our alottment and have at least 500 more in the stadium. My real guess would be 3500. 1500 is way to low.

Either way, it's not a huge difference. 3500 in a 50k stadium isn't much. As others have said, we aren't going to act like Baylor fans and try to claim that we will bring 15-20k and then only show up with 1500. We're are pretty reasonable bunch about estimating attendance numbers, and I'm telling you we'll have way more than 1500, probably more like 3000 to 3500 there.

Ravenous Ute

There is no problem with banter. Your 1500 number is just too low. We didn't return over 1000 tickets. I would bet money that we sold at least 2000 from our alottment and have at least 500 more in the stadium. My real guess would be 3500. 1500 is way to low.

Either way, it's not a huge difference. 3500 in a 50k stadium isn't much. As others have said, we aren't going to act like Baylor fans and try to claim that we will bring 15-20k and then only show up with 1500. We're are pretty reasonable bunch about estimating attendance numbers, and I'm telling you we'll have way more than 1500, probably more like 3000 to 3500 there.

Weird I never said anything about ticket sales...

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Well. I'll have 4 people there, and if it isn't 35 friggin degrees, I will get everyone to where L/S White Shirts.

But if its cold...all bets are off, cause I am not buying a white coat.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Heh... like anyone is going to be able hear clearly enough to make the distinction...

Ute's literally make the Stadium shake with crowd noise... even the commentators in the press box from ESPN commented on it at the Pittsburgh game.

RavUte -

Noise .......... crowd noise..........
Look I don't want to start a pissin' contest, and I am not saying that TCU will win the 2010 game........they should, but they should have won the 2008 game as well, and we know how that turned out. If TCU plays to potential, the crowd noise will be a moot point. Maybe even a mute point! Bwahahaha

TCU dominated Utah in 2008 and if not for missing two chip shot field goals.......you guys don't go to the Sugar Bowl (which I was thrilled that you kicked Tide arse by the way!) - but the point is...your crowd was in that game for 10 minutes...mostly at the end. TCU pushed you guys all over the field on both sides of the ball and to Utah's credit - UU won the game. But they were not the better team that year. Now lets move forward......

That was a great Utah team, and this years team is NOT near as good as your 2008 team was. Period.
This is a better TCU team than the one we had in 2008. Do the math.

So, even though you are ranked near the Top 10...no one is talking about your opponents record....... you have played teams with a combined 10-30 record. So I for one, am not convinced that this UU team is a Top 10 team.
We'll find out.

I say the TCU unbeaten streak at Utah ends on 11/6.