• The KillerFrogs

The new Texas A&M coach is….

Texas A&M is expected to announce Kentucky’s Mark Stoops as its next head football coach as early as Sunday morning, sources confirm to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. Stoops, 56, is a native of Youngstown, Ohio who became a head coach for the first time in 2013 when hired by the Wildcats. He’s 73-64 in 11 seasons at Kentucky. His teams have posted winning records in seven of the last eight seasons with the lone exception coming in the pandemic-altered 2020 campaign.

Limey Frog

I am happy to say that I’m as big a fan of GP as there is. That said he wouldn’t have likely won as many games as they did with Sonny.

I also think that GP was immeasurably blessed by watching the team, his team, do what they did without him especially since it was mostly do to the way Sonny changed the vibe inside the program. GP likely accepted a lot of needed changes in a way he otherwise may have never have accepted them. I’m excited to hear that Gary is excited to get back to coaching and as a new man so to speak. An evolved Gary could be the best college football coach in the game. I’m looking forward to seeing him in action wherever he lands.
GP, unlike a lot of people who get the chance to try being a D1 head coach, ran a tight program. Tcu football didn't go to rack and ruin in his last years and never would have. But he and his assistants had lost the ability to motivate the team to victory or, apparently, get them into top physical shape to limit injuries. Dykes and Co. came in and helped motivate a senior class that was ready to stop losing. Can Dykes run a program of his own at this level? I have no idea.

Last edited:

Limey Frog

Texas A&M is expected to announce Kentucky’s Mark Stoops as its next head football coach as early as Sunday morning, sources confirm to Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. Stoops, 56, is a native of Youngstown, Ohio who became a head coach for the first time in 2013 when hired by the Wildcats. He’s 73-64 in 11 seasons at Kentucky. His teams have posted winning records in seven of the last eight seasons with the lone exception coming in the pandemic-altered 2020 campaign.
Isn't this just the Jimbo recipe again, except with 8-4 seasons instead of playoff wins? God knows what they're paying him to get him out of a good job at UK.

I hope he's a disaster. And I hope UK turns around and hires Rhett Lashlee.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
The gift that keeps on giving.

I know there’s been much speculation about me and my job situation the last couple of days. It’s true I was contacted about a potential opportunity this weekend, but after celebrating a big win against our rivals with players I love like family, I knew in my heart I couldn’t leave the University of Kentucky right now. I have a great job at a place I love, and I get to work with the best administration and greatest fan base in college football right where I’m at. I’m excited to say I’m a Wildcat!

Last edited:

LSU Game Attendee

Haha
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN