• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Crow is a moron if he thinks GK will have some brilliant idea to save the conference that the leftovers will all accept. BY should cut them down to a half share just for being a PITA.

Limey Frog

They left out Arkie to the SEC.
This is an Iowa State account. Even the other Big 12 holdovers from Big 8 days don't appreciate how long TCU has been fighting this stuff off. At this point we're like a batter taking his 20th pitch at a 3-2 count.

TCU football will not go gently into any good night, you [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]! We will fight all of you on all of the ice.

Eight

Arizona State should just be left out. At this point I would prefer Uconn. ASU seems like they will be a problem child for the conference in the future.

scheiss no to uconn in any circumstances, i would rather listen to steel's poetry while simultaneously reading a thread that combines the discussion did gary get scheissed over and should we bring the flying t back versus having uconn in the big 12

fanatical frog

Can anyone Scheer’s article on 247? I’m not a member
Somebody posted a summary on CougarBoard.......main point is the ASU prez is stalling and wants to attend the GK's last stand meeting this morning before making a decision. Also says the Arizona board of regents is supporting the move for both Az schools, the ASU athletic dept is ready to move but the ASU prez is playing roadblock for some personal reasons.

Hemingway

Somebody posted a summary on CougarBoard.......main point is the ASU prez is stalling and wants to attend the GK's last stand meeting this morning before making a decision. Also says the Arizona board of regents is supporting the move for both Az schools, the ASU athletic dept is ready to move but the ASU prez is playing roadblock for some personal reasons.
I read some things about Crow. Not liked, the alums think he’s meddled with athletics to much. Made asu into a quick online degree depot

dawg

main point is the ASU prez is stalling and wants to attend the GK's last stand meeting this morning before making a decision. Also says the Arizona board of regents is supporting the move for both Az schools, the ASU athletic dept is ready to move but the ASU prez is playing roadblock for some personal reasons.
How that's going to go:

Given their options with the likely departure of Oregon and Washington and the fact they're fighting this move as much as my kid fights eating her broccoli, do we really want Az St?

fanatical frog

How that's going to go:

Given their options with the likely departure of Oregon and Washington and the fact they're fighting this move as much as my kid fights eating her broccoli, do we really want Az St?

I can take 'em or leave 'em. I'm good with 14 and hold for a few years or WHENEVER FSU figures out how to blow up the ACC.

82 Frog Fever

I read some things about Crow. Not liked, the alums think he’s meddled with athletics to much. Made asu into a quick online degree depot
Yes, Crow is a complete idiot. He adamantly supported Larry Scott to the very end, and it’s exactly the same with George K.
His all out quest to gain AAU status has driven nearly all of ASU’s sports teams straight into the toilet. If it wasn’t for UA Pres. Robbins taking charge of this situation, Crow would have driven them straight off a cliff in this instance.

The good news is ASU is a sleeping giant starting to dig itself out of a deep dark hole. If they are able to achieve some on the field success at some point with this move, they could be a monster program.