• The KillerFrogs

NIL Killing Recruiting

Cougar/Frog

Depends on how good he is. It's well documented what Texas is doing for their high level OL recruits.
Well, he is very good and big. But young, class of 2026, started as a freshman on varsity. Going to his 3rd P5 camp today in less than a week and still has more scheduled.

I will not let him go to Texas A&M no matter how much money he is offered. I would be against Texas as well because the Horns are so bad at developing players.

He loves TCU so I hope he ends up back in Fort Worth.

so tcu had all those players drafted "despite " the weak conference?
Like I said I don’t agree with the narrative just letting people know what is being said. It’s not illegal or a recruiting violation however that doesn’t make it right.

TCU is great at developing talent. If you have talent you will get your shot in the NFL no matter where you go to college.

I think that a lot of teams will not be able to compete with the money arms race or worse colleges will have to cut men’s and women’s sports. Can’t divert money to cover money losing sports much longer. Something has to give.

TAINTed frog

A "championship-quality" roster in CFB is going to cost $8-15 million per year for the foreseeable future. Not saying that is the ONLY way, but if you want to compete for the best talent that's what it will take.
That certainly sounds right, but wow, how is that feasible long term for ever the Texas'/ATMs of the world. I imagine folks/businesses who give large NIL money each year want to see far more that what teams like Texas/ATM put out there. And I don't see that particularly changing for Texas now that they're moving into the SEC.

Seems unsustainable. And yes, I realize schools like Texas/ATM have a revolving door of multi-millionaire donors, but typically those folks don't just like burning money for nothing in return.

06DallasFrog

So, the big schools get the "top" players, they either don't work hard or want to come home to DFW. TCU players will be lower rated and harder working....and not millionaires until proven.

Sounds like the more things change, the more the stay the same. I like our chances.
I think @Wexahu's point was that with the recent changes in the transfer rules... any school with more dollars is fine with this. And, when less heralded recruits prove themselves at TCU, or any other school, they'll have an old teammate calling them saying, "{insert coach} said he can pay you $2M to transfer."

Froggy Style

Like I said I don’t agree with the narrative just letting people know what is being said. It’s not illegal or a recruiting violation however that doesn’t make it right.

TCU is great at developing talent. If you have talent you will get your shot in the NFL no matter where you go to college.

I think that a lot of teams will not be able to compete with the money arms race or worse colleges will have to cut men’s and women’s sports. Can’t divert money to cover money losing sports much longer. Something has to give.

If you don't have to pay the players millions of dollars because UT and Bama are the ones overpaying, then aren't you able to operate at a lower expense? That what I have heard others are saying.

Wexahu

There's a pretty easy way to fix that, but schools / NCAA don't want to go down that road. So this is what we get instead. Oh well, it's better than what the players got 5 years ago at least, so that's a positive.
It's a zero sum game, for every guy transferring in to fill a hole in a roster there's another guy getting pushed out, or one less high school kid getting a scholarship. I don't see how the fact that 20-25% of kids are jumping from school to school every year is "positive" thing. It's terrible for the game, and it's bad for the majority of the kids too.

That certainly sounds right, but wow, how is that feasible long term for ever the Texas'/ATMs of the world. I imagine folks/businesses who give large NIL money each year want to see far more that what teams like Texas/ATM put out there. And I don't see that particularly changing for Texas now that they're moving into the SEC.

Seems unsustainable. And yes, I realize schools like Texas/ATM have a revolving door of multi-millionaire donors, but typically those folks don't just like burning money for nothing in return.
Sounds like your perception of how much money certain schools' alumni are willing to "burn" to attract talent is not accurately aligned with reality.

Endless Purple

Success in the sport has been driven by the teams with the most funds for 40+ years. They have the nicest facilities, they poach the best coaches, they build the nicest stadiums, they have the richest tv deals, etc. Shoot, they already got the best players anyway, now this is just the latest piece.
So you are saying we should double down on that and make it even more extreme in differences?

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Wait? Do you mean to tell me that TCU isn't going to pay as much NIL to recruits as Texas A$M, Texas, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State?
images

Endless Purple

The payments are determined by market forces supply and demand. The higher the demand the higher the price. Oregon is throwing around money like crazy. Funny the deals are for 3 years then the assumption is the go to NFL. Five star online-men get huge payouts. Same as NFL qb’s get the most, pash rushing dlinemen dends etc.
I believe this to be absolutely false. They are not based on demand as none of these players have proven they are good college players. This is more driven by market speculation when you are talking high school recruits. Market speculation can have much more devastating impacts than truly researched and developed pricing based upon actual value of goods.