• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

jack the frog

Has anyone been watch Servant on Apple TV? That’s one freaky weird show that my wife and are hooked on. Anxiety inducing warning!
So upfront, I’m an age where I watched The Exorcist in my early teens so I’m quick with the remote for Beelzebub overload but the creep factor here is about right. I’m probably more charitable regarding M Night than many because I like the genre although some of his other stuff is poorly done. I think this is great so far, through episode 5 anyway. I am looking for the tie-ins Night includes that offer clues to the story. The alcohol, food and TV broadcasts are saying something but I’ve figured nothing out at this point. Great recommendation.

Last edited:

jack the frog

actually prefer the english model of ending a series while the quality is still in the writing instead of cranking out multiple years simply to get paid (i.e. the office, seinfeld, and countless other american series)
Walking Dead, Simpsons, Game of Thrones got stretchy. The list is long. It’s the American way to wrench one more penny.

Eight

Walking Dead, Simpsons, Game of Thrones got stretchy. The list is long. It’s the American way to wrench one more penny.

dan harmon has done it a couple of times with community first and now rick and morty

the king though is dick wolf who is basically responsible for nbc's lineup with the law and order multiple series, the spin off svu franchises, and the chicago trilogy

fairly certain wolf created the lester holt character for nbc news

Last edited:

Eight

There will be a spin off with either Roy, Rebecca, or Keely with lasso prob making surprise cameos

creeper, creepr, creeper, those are all far too mainstream choices, especially roy and keely

the choice is the beard and jayne driving all over europe after joining a group of pikies, seriously this might be the best moment in the entire series:

Creeperfrog

creeper, creepr, creeper, those are all far too mainstream choices, especially roy and keely

the choice is the beard and jayne driving all over europe after joining a group of pikies, seriously this might be the best moment in the entire series:

Oh eight, eight, eight.. Ok, beard is out of the box thinking. His show personality couldn't carry it and it would be tiresome of him and Jayne either breaking up/get back together or him always taking a backseat to her needs. Great supporting guy with few lines

Eight

Oh eight, eight, eight.. Ok, beard is out of the box thinking. His show personality couldn't carry it and it would be tiresome of him and Jayne either breaking up/get back together or him always taking a backseat to her needs. Great supporting guy with few lines

this is where you mix in the pikies and whomever they encounter along the way, the problem with rebecca is we have already seen richmond fc and her love life

roy and keeley again have been a big part of the series though more press conferences from roy would be a good thing

Creeperfrog

Also, the song that starts his dance is this music video ab a tennis match. Is it just me or does the antagonist look a lot like Zava?

Eight

Also, the song that starts his dance is this music video ab a tennis match. Is it just me or does the antagonist look a lot like Zava?

not sure zava looks much like gael monfils

do think that while there is a chance for a spin off the danger is taking the best parts of a character and trying to build onto those instead of building a new story and back story

Last edited:

FrogCop19

I would watch a show about Roy in a heartbeat. Forget Keeley, Roy needs to go on sabbatical, growling and cursing his way across Europe. Even better, flip the script and have a US American football team, enamored with his toughness, hire Roy to come be a linebacker coach. Hearing him growl and curse at players would be worth the price of admission.

Sadly I know Roy would be never agree to do it, but I'd watch it.

jack the frog

What’s the skinny on Schitt’s Creek? I watched a couple of episodes a few years back, found it forgettable and moved on. Recently read some retrospective raving about its brilliance. Did I bail too soon?

FrogCop19

What’s the skinny on Schitt’s Creek? I watched a couple of episodes a few years back, found it forgettable and moved on. Recently read some retrospective raving about its brilliance. Did I bail too soon?
If you liked Spinal Tap or Best in Show for it's quirky, off-beat humor, you'll like this show as it's the same actors/troupe. Sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it's in your face, but it's all in the same basket. I loved what I saw of it, but I'm sure I got distracted by something shiny that came along and I didn't finish it either.

Eight

If you liked Spinal Tap or Best in Show for it's quirky, off-beat humor, you'll like this show as it's the same actors/troupe. Sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it's in your face, but it's all in the same basket. I loved what I saw of it, but I'm sure I got distracted by something shiny that came along and I didn't finish it either.

agree with frogcop, but i didn't get distracted as much as tired of the characters after a while

Latest posts