• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Ron Swanson

I wrote about this one on this thread probably around a year ago. It was definitely not what I expected for Gervais. It really touches on all of the emotions as you mentioned. It takes a difficult scenario and brings some humor to it while still recognizing the devastating impact of losing a loved one. The supporting cast of misfits takes a few episodes to grow on you, but eventually, I really enjoyed them. I’m a big fan of Gervais and this one is out of his normal range of work, but he really did a great job.
Good point regarding the supporting cast taking some time to grow on you. At first they’re not very appealing but they grow on you.

Ron Swanson

I finally caved and just watched Succession from the beginning. I'm just shaking my head the whole time. I don't give a crap about any of these characters. They're completely without any redeeming qualities. And the dialog is way too convoluted for me. Just speak plain English, for Pete's sake. And why the heck is Greg necessary?
C-
Succession is great, the characters grew on me. Greg and Tom’s relationship might be the best part of the show. Greg’s character is fantastic.

Chongo94

Anything worth watching on MGM+? I fell for the free trial on the promise of season 2 of From but it includes only episode 1. Might cut my losses. BTW, From is solid if you like the horror genre. S1 available free on Prime through the MGM+ affiliation.

That World War II Series on there is supposed to be really good and I think Guy Ritchie May have had a hand in it.

HToady

I finally caved and just watched Succession from the beginning. I'm just shaking my head the whole time. I don't give a crap about any of these characters. They're completely without any redeeming qualities. And the dialog is way too convoluted for me. Just speak plain English, for Pete's sake. And why the heck is Greg necessary?
C-
I too have had a problem with this show. It seems to me that the writers have not done their research of coporate dynamics. None of it makes any sense. I spent 33 years in the Corporate world and nobody I ever met had such filthy mouths and behaviour like these folks do. It's disguisting.

Creeperfrog

Did anyone try the reboot of Night Court?
It is sooo bad. I can’t even begin to describe how bad it is. The lead character is the judge, who is supposed to be the daughter of Harry, the old judge. She is neither believable nor funny. They use a laugh track that is awful. John Laroquette is the only returning character from the original and the writers do him no favors. The jokes and gags are tired and completely unfunny.
It’s sad because I actually kind of enjoyed the original. The reboot is worthy of all the negative reviews it has gotten. The commercials for it initially quoted some favorable reviews but they are struggling now to hide just how bad it is.
Anyone else seen it? I gave it three episodes before I told my wife, “no más!”
The sitcoms they roll out lately are just awful. My wife also wanted to watch the “award winning “ Abbott Elementary. It is pitiful. Not funny at all. They try to do the fourth wall stuff like The Office did but the writers and actors have no idea how to properly do it and the actors are the most unfunny collection of people I’ve ever seen. This show won some kind of awards for best new show but I have no idea how.
It’s no wonder no one is watching network TV anymore. The shows are pathetic.
I put night court on my dvr from all of the promotion. I watched maybe 8 minutes of the first episode and turned it off, deleted the dvr settings. I'm mad at myself for even thinking it could be entertaining.

Cougar/Frog

I too have had a problem with this show. It seems to me that the writers have not done their research of coporate dynamics. None of it makes any sense. I spent 33 years in the Corporate world and nobody I ever met had such filthy mouths and behaviour like these folks do. It's disguisting.
It was allegedly modeled on the Murdoch family and Fox.

I hated all the characters when I tried watching it. I don't think I finished season 1

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
I think it totally depends on corporate culture. I’ve been around both kinds of companies — those where if you say the word “damn” people are shocked and others where language that would make sailors on shore leave blush is a common, everyday occurrence.

I love the show. It’s hilarious, but admit it took me a handful of episodes to catch on to the sense of humor.

Creeperfrog

Just watched the new ant man, I really didn't like how they were somewhere different than earth, it felt too much like a star wars movie. Last parts were better. My ranking is 5 out of 7. Please don't roast me if you don't get that reference. Would watch, didn't love, but happy I saw

Creeperfrog

I couldn't sleep so I decided to watch TV. Booksmart was on, of course on E, but it is literally the exact copy of Super Bad just lady version just not as funny (que in cartman saying women are just as funny). I watched, but it was a skinny girl who was best friends with a bigger girl who weren't really wanted at the party. OH NO! controversy btw the best friends. Guys, don't worry, they make up

jack the frog

I couldn't sleep so I decided to watch TV. Booksmart was on, of course on E, but it is literally the exact copy of Super Bad just lady version just not as funny (que in cartman saying women are just as funny). I watched, but it was a skinny girl who was best friends with a bigger girl who weren't really wanted at the party. OH NO! controversy btw the best friends. Guys, don't worry, they make up
Sounds awesome.

1683200416045.gif

jack the frog

Btw wasn’t trying to be a smartazz on your post. That’s the kind of thing being watched around here with my knee replacement and all. Also, after careful evaluation I’ve come to the conclusion that the knee replacement process sucks.

Last edited:

Creeperfrog

Btw wasn’t trying to be a smartazz on your post. That’s the kind of thing being watched around here with my knee replacement and all. Also, after careful evaluation I’ve come to the conclusion that the knee replacement process sucks.
Yeah, I helped my pops with his knee replacement. A lot of work. So much harder than the hip. He says he'll never get the other knee done