• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

Eight

At a freewheeling press conference during Nixon's Visit to China, a reporter asked Chinese Minister Chou En-Lai what he thought about the French Revolution (1789-1799). Chou replied, "Too soon to tell..."

not sure i have ever read the phrase "freewheeling press conference during Nixon's" ever before

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
not sure i have ever read the phrase "freewheeling press conference during Nixon's" ever before
At the time, the Chinese CCP had never seen American Media and Reporters doing as they would. To the hardened CCP members, reporters did what they were told, or they were simply shot out of hand. Since it would be problematic to handle the reporters in the customary manner, they played along to try and gain face with the Media.

Limey Frog

Interesting interview here with Yormark:

Start at 4:00, but the most interesting stuff is at about 16:00 on the TV deal. Nothing new, just interesting to hear him talk about how quickly he understood that the Big 12 needed to renew with Fox and ESPN.

I could stand to hear the 'corporate-speak' neologism "credentialize" a little less, preferably never again in my entire life. Likewise, "celebritize": what could make celebrity culture even more noxious than turning the ubiquitous noun into a grotesque verb? But... whatever. Yormark understands the culture and the industries that college sports is working with now. If I were in charge this thing would be a disaster.

Last edited:

Hemingway

Yes - Arizona board had >10 pages of comments fueled by their insider and moderator
jack nicholson drinking GIF

82 Frog Fever

Barstool TCU appears stupid with that post. It is a broadcast channel that does not require any subscriptions to watch.

PS. It is channel 61.1 in Phoenix and channel 11.1 in Seattle. I checked the CW website for channels.
Yes, they own those stations, but not the content rights.
The talks between CW & PAC have ended anyway, as without a coast to coast network of owned stations and content, the CW does not provide a viable solution.
Also the PAC tier 2/3 games were the only ones being discussed.

So the P12 appears to be back at square one with roughly a $9m per team linear offer for 2 games/week, one analog and one digital, and a $13m streaming offer.

Latest posts