• The KillerFrogs

TCU and BigXII basketball tourney

Virginia Frog

Absolute Joke game by the refs.
Joke game by the players!

It looked like a volleyball game with all the out-of-control slapping of the ball.

Can't hit a close-in layup.

They hustled their arses off but were throwing up junk all night.

Disappointing when we lose vs Texas. Should have been a W if TCU had just played with some control.

Go Kansas U. Beat the Burnt Oranges!

The refs did not decide the game. The foul count was 19 TCU vs 15 Texas, and TCU had two or three foolish non-shooting fouls while Texas was in the bonus which gifted Horns some free throws. If you are pointing at stats, then I would say it was steals 6 to 11 and turnovers 14 to 10 both favoring Texas which swung the game to the Longhorns.

And, Points In The Paint! — TCU‘s game is to win the paint, rebounds and points, but without a healthy Big Eddie with his muscle and height, Texas had their way with 42 points in the paint compared to only 22 for the Frogs. Texas shot only 14 of their 59 shots from three, making only two of those threes; they focused on the paint. If TCU had not made 8 of 19 of their threes it would have been a double digit loss.

The ESPN shot chart misses a few made shots in the paint and more missed shots but you get the idea.

The game was a hard fought loss to the #7 ranked team in the country.

9FFFFD9D-3B31-484E-A5D0-44381AC10F7C.jpeg

Last edited:
They beat us but the refs didn't help. We made too many dumb passes and turnovers on fast breaks.
That said, UT was pushing off in the paint with arms and elbows. Miles took a charge and they didn't even call it.

PurpleBlood87

The refs did not decide the game. The foul count was 19 TCU vs 15 Texas, and TCU had two or three foolish non-shooting fouls while Texas was in the bonus which gifted Horns some free throws. If you are pointing at stats, then I would say it was steals 6 to 11 and turnovers 14 to 10 both favoring Texas which swung the game to the Longhorns.

And, Points In The Paint! — TCU‘s game is to win the paint, rebounds and points, but without a healthy Big Eddie with his muscle and height, Texas had their way with 42 points in the paint compared to only 22 for the Frogs. Texas only took 14 of their 59 shots from three, making only two of those threes; they focused on the paint. If TCU had not made 8 of 19 of their threes it would have been a double digit loss.

The ESPN shot chart misses a few made shots in the paint and more missed shots but you get the idea.

The game was a hard fought loss to the #7 ranked team in the country.

View attachment 13932
It's not the fouls called.
It's the fouls not called.

Froggy Style

Would complain about the Big 12 refs screwing us for the 10th year in a row.

However, I’ll focus on us.

I think if our guys would use their freakish athleticism to slam the ball through the rim rather than finger roll on breakaway layups, we may avoid the 10 blocks we saw over the past two games.

Clearly the other teams have some tape that says we finish our fast breaks slow at the rim.