• The KillerFrogs

2024 Recruiting Thread

froginmn

Just stop. You said something that was dead wrong and now you're trying to validate it with what Dalton has done in the NFL. You either never watched Dalton or Hill play at TCU or you're totally making [ Finebaum ] up. The benchmark for being mobile is not whether or not you're as athletic as Trevone Boykin.

Move on. You're only making the hole bigger.
Don't disagree but I also think a lot of people who have never seen Davila play are saying that he's very immobile. I have no idea how he can run.

Eight

Don't disagree but I also think a lot of people who have never seen Davila play are saying that he's very immobile. I have no idea how he can run.

this, looked at his stats from last year and think it was 13 carries in 11-12 games which simply means he didn't carry the ball much last year

maybe some here have seen him play and maybe he isn't overly mobile

82 Frog Fever

I haven’t seen him play, but I’ve probably watched 90% of his available video. He is an outstanding passer with great ball placement, and actually throws very well on the run.
However his speed is less than mediocre, which is where the problem is with TCU. KB (at least last year) runs a spread rushing offense with lots of pre snap movement / misdirection, and the QB sets up at least 1/2 the rushing plays off sweeps and RPOs. Davila will never have the skills to run that, and deep down, he knows it

McFroggin

Just stop. You said something that was dead wrong and now you're trying to validate it with what Dalton has done in the NFL. You either never watched Dalton or Hill play at TCU or you're totally making [ Finebaum ] up. The benchmark for being mobile is not whether or not you're as athletic as Trevone Boykin.

Very black and white thinking dude.

There isn’t 2 categories that is pocket passer or dual threat. It is a spectrum with varying degrees of run abilities. My differentiation doesn’t have to match yours to pigeon hole QB’s as 1 or the other category.

froginmn

I haven’t seen him play, but I’ve probably watched 90% of his available video. He is an outstanding passer with great ball placement, and actually throws very well on the run.
However his speed is less than mediocre, which is where the problem is with TCU. KB (at least last year) runs a spread rushing offense with lots of pre snap movement / misdirection, and the QB sets up at least 1/2 the rushing plays off sweeps and RPOs. Davila will never have the skills to run that, and deep down, he knows it
LOL. Well, if you've seen 90% of his available video and never seen him in person I'm sure you're qualified to make that assessment. And to know what Davila thinks, deep down.

82 Frog Fever

LOL. Well, if you've seen 90% of his available video and never seen him in person I'm sure you're qualified to make that assessment. And to know what Davila thinks, deep down.
Well, he did just de-commit from a school he’s been dreaming of since childhood for a better chance to play at a different school.
I’d say he knows it.

Last edited:

Don Sanders

I AGREE WITH YOU!

CountryFrog

There isn’t 2 categories that is pocket passer or dual threat. It is a spectrum with varying degrees of run abilities. My differentiation doesn’t have to match yours to pigeon hole QB’s as 1 or the other category.
I haven't pigeon holed anyone. You said that Hill and Dalton "weren't very mobile." I haven't used the term pocket passer or dual threat to describe anyone. Me saying that your statement about those 2 is absurd doesn't pigeon hole anyone.

Except of course your statement which I have pigeon holed as dead wrong.

FrogCop19

angry clint eastwood GIF

82 Frog Fever

See? I said you were just pulling comments out of your ass. Well, here ya go again

Last edited:
‘TCU will host a junior day on Wednesday night and one of the nation's top quarterbacks is expected to be in attendance, Frisco (TX) Emerson four-star quarterback Michael Hawkins.

Hawkins confirmed to HFB on Monday that he would be at TCU on Wednesday. The junior day will take place prior to the Frogs' men's basketball game against Texas which is scheduled to tipoff at 8 p.m.’

Froggy Style

247 says pro-style QB...facts!

Of course Tre was not a QB...

Dude ran spread and option plays his whole career, and was great at it. Perhaps you should do what the rest of us did…watch football games.

You don’t have to be a former RB/WR at QB to be mobile.

82 Frog Fever

‘TCU will host a junior day on Wednesday night and one of the nation's top quarterbacks is expected to be in attendance, Frisco (TX) Emerson four-star quarterback Michael Hawkins.

Hawkins confirmed to HFB on Monday that he would be at TCU on Wednesday. The junior day will take place prior to the Frogs' men's basketball game against Texas which is scheduled to tipoff at 8 p.m.’
You don’t hear much about KB’s recruiting these days. It seems like they have a pretty tight lid on that info, but out of the QBs we are known to be looking at, Hawkins and Hejny seem to be the best fits that we have a good shot at landing and either/both would be great adds for TCU.
View attachment 138551677632631708.jpeg