LisaLT

AHHH let the meltdown begin..............lol

Happy Jonah Hill GIF
Scared Freak Out GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show
Excited Arrested Development GIF
angry freak out GIF
shocked oh no GIF
loud freak out GIF

Folks, I understand the concerns some have regarding Coach Briles' background, past attributed comments, and in general his connection to what happened at Baylor approximately a decade ago.

All I can tell you is that University leadership has done all the due diligence one could ever expect them to do, they've solicited feedback from the community (and received PLENTY), and talked about this at the highest levels. Coach Briles will end up as one of the top 5 highest paid university employees, and one of its most public-facing, so the work that went into the decision has been significant.

I can't understate this: Everyone in significant leadership positions supports this decision. The refrain has been consistent from the Chancellor and Board all the way down. That isn't to say there aren't some who have concerns, who voiced those concerns, and who may decide to make those opinions public; However, leadership is aligned, 100%.

If you trust Boschini with his leadership and vision, Donati's instincts, and Dykes morals and personnel approach, then you should be supporting this hire as all three of these gentlemen are. It's OK to trust and verify, but trust in our leadership is the fair and right starting point here.

Last edited:

ReedFrawg

Folks, I understand the concerns some have regarding Coach Briles' background, past attributed comments, and in general his connection to what happened at Baylor approximately a decade ago.

All I can tell you is that University leadership has done all the due diligence one could ever expect them to do, they've solicited feedback from the community (and received PLENTY), and talked about this at the highest levels. Coach Briles will end up as one of the top 5 highest paid university employees, and one of its most public-facing, so the work that went into the decision has been significant.

I can't understate this: Everyone in significant leadership positions supports this decision. The refrain has been consistent from the Chancellor and Board all the way down. That isn't to say there aren't some who have concerns, who voiced those concerns, and who may decide to make those opinions public; However, leadership is aligned, 100%.

If you trust Boschini with his leadership and vision, Donati's instincts, and Dykes morals and personnel approach, then you should be supporting this hire as all three of these gentlemen are. It's OK to trust and verify, but trust in our leadership is the fair and the right starting point here.

Is this Donati???

Vlade Davis

Ticket Exchange Pass
Doubt Dykes will 'pawn off" any explanations for his hire to anyone else. If someone has a questions or problem regarding this hire, I expect SD will man up and defend his decision himselt.

There are multiple conversations that take place before a conversation is had with the HC. Mark is highly-regarded in the business. He's going to be in some tough spots.

Mean Purple

If you trust Boschini with his leadership and vision, Donati's instincts, and Dykes morals and personnel approach, then you should be supporting this hire as all three of these gentlemen are. It's OK to trust and verify, but trust in our leadership is the fair and the right starting point here.
If I recall correctly, you are in a position to have good info, right? So that would indicate they did the extra vetting on this. That said, I hope he can produce. I am not in the camp that thinks dropping off next season is acceptable. We just showed we are contender level. Keep it going. Give the kids everything they need to go after the dream.

ReedFrawg

If I recall correctly, you are in a position to have good info, right? So that would indicate they did the extra vetting on this. That said, I hope he can produce. I am not in the camp that thinks dropping off next season is acceptable. We just showed we are contender level. Keep it going. Give the kids everything they need to go after the dream.

Wish he (Briles) would have once accepted or admitted his role (whatever it was) in that ordeal and made a sincere apology. I think that would have made a big difference...for me anyway.

Frogfam4

What is a drop off? I am just asking. What they did this year was amazing. Teams do not make the conference title game every year. I think they are capable of 9-10 wins for a long time. That puts them in the race every year but they may not make it every year.