• The KillerFrogs

Don't look now:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
If you trust Boschini with his leadership and vision, Donati's instincts, and Dykes morals and personnel approach, then you should be supporting this hire as all three of these gentlemen are. It's OK to trust and verify, but trust in our leadership is the fair and right starting point here.
I was fully comfortable and trusting in that, but this move raises some questions. They knew it would when they agreed to it. So now it is what it is.

A Briles being hired at TCU is different than at Arkansas, or Houston. It just is, among the fanbase. Like I said TCU brass knew it would be controversial, they have hidden behind closed doors and phones off the hook waiting for it to blow over.

At some point they are all going to have answer questions. That would actually be the fastest way to end it. Respond to the questions and the media and fans will then move on. Then everyone will hope the trust placed in Briles (that name alone makes my skin crawl a little) is rewarded.

Moose Stuff

Folks, I understand the concerns some have regarding Coach Briles' background, past attributed comments, and in general his connection to what happened at Baylor approximately a decade ago.

All I can tell you is that University leadership has done all the due diligence one could ever expect them to do, they've solicited feedback from the community (and received PLENTY), and talked about this at the highest levels. Coach Briles will end up as one of the top 5 highest paid university employees, and one of its most public-facing, so the work that went into the decision has been significant.

I can't understate this: Everyone in significant leadership positions supports this decision. The refrain has been consistent from the Chancellor and Board all the way down. That isn't to say there aren't some who have concerns, who voiced those concerns, and who may decide to make those opinions public; However, leadership is aligned, 100%.

If you trust Boschini with his leadership and vision, Donati's instincts, and Dykes morals and personnel approach, then you should be supporting this hire as all three of these gentlemen are. It's OK to trust and verify, but trust in our leadership is the fair and right starting point here.
Could not agree more.

fanatical frog

Switching your allegiance to a school that employed a basketball coach who beat his fiancé is a bold statement.

Yeah. And he's/she's put up a hundred or more posts in the past week or so.....and when you check his/her profile it comes back that they've put up zero posts......interesting.....veeerrrry interesting. Jeepers, I hope I don't get the ban hammer......

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Switching your allegiance to a school that employed a basketball coach who beat his fiancé is a bold statement.
Wow. They didn't employ him or continue to employ him after that became known. To their credit they acted fairly swift in terminating him. They waited longer than I would have but ...

Eight

Wow. They didn't employ him or continue to employ him after that became known. To their credit they acted fairly swift in terminating him. They waited longer than I would have but ...

but texas did hire him with some red flags concerning that relationship

Moose Stuff

They fired him even after his fiancé claimed he was innocent…
Switching your allegiance to a program that currently employs a known alcoholic as their head coach and a violent monkey owner as an assistant is a bold statement. Both of those things are far more dangerous than Kendall Briles FWIW. Also, LMAO that this board is so pathetic that we filter the name of our OC.

Rifframbahzoo20

Switching your allegiance to a program that currently employs a known alcoholic as their head coach and a violent monkey owner as an assistant is a bold statement. Both of those things are far more dangerous than [ Tapefingers ] FWIW. Also, LMAO that this board is so pathetic that we filter the name of our OC.
An alcoholic is a lot better than whatever you want to call Kendal briles.

Folks, I understand the concerns some have regarding Coach Briles' background, past attributed comments, and in general his connection to what happened at Baylor approximately a decade ago.

All I can tell you is that University leadership has done all the due diligence one could ever expect them to do, they've solicited feedback from the community (and received PLENTY), and talked about this at the highest levels. Coach Briles will end up as one of the top 5 highest paid university employees, and one of its most public-facing, so the work that went into the decision has been significant.

I can't understate this: Everyone in significant leadership positions supports this decision. The refrain has been consistent from the Chancellor and Board all the way down. That isn't to say there aren't some who have concerns, who voiced those concerns, and who may decide to make those opinions public; However, leadership is aligned, 100%.

@tyler durden @Rifframbahzoo20 @BrewingFrog

Hemingway

Well, Donati and Dykes, that didn't take long to send the TCU goodwill train off the proverbial rails! All of the fantastic PR established and momentum going forward with the TCU football program, has been negated by a stubborn toxic move hiring Little Briles because of some ridiculous notion there is nobody else out there any better.

After so many wonderful years not missing but only a few home games since 1998, it is time to rethink my reasons for being a devoted fan. Comprising morals and standards that I always thought TCU stood for in its 150 years of existence, has been compromised by a knee-jerk reaction to win at all costs! My beloved alma mater is now one of them. We are now no different than any of the "blue-bloods" and schools out of the SEC. Sad and shameful!
You’re Outback Frog and live in the Outback, yet you make to almost every home game? How’s that possible? Gimme a me break.

LisaLT

They fired him even after his fiancé claimed he was innocent…
Do you not see the irony in what you are posting? You believe the fiance after physical evidence shows ACTUAL battery by Beard, clearly trying to make sure he doesn't get fired and lose millions of bucks to pay for their lifestyle, but when it comes to KB, who was not found guilty of anything except saying something stupid to a recruit, you CHOOSE to believe the absolute worst, without any actual proof of wrongdoing. This makes zero sense unless you are trolling everyone on this board.