• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread, Championship Edition: TCU vs Georgia; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

Eight

True, but our coaches know that, or should. And your prep/scheme on tendencies.

so you suddenly make players bigger, quicker, more athletic?

they only have so many options to put on the field and both those tight ends are playing in the nfl, the frogs aren't loaded with nfl talent at linebacker and safety right now and this was the issue mentioned before the game, uga has the offensive talent to run the ball, attack with the outside receivers, and attack with the tight ends

Mean Purple

again, i point to smu last year at home when patterson's defense gave up 350 yards rushing to an air raid offensive scheme with some of these very same defenders, some very short memories around here
We did not lose by 58 points players were not giving up on plays in the 2nd quarter. Defenders actually pulled up from hits tonight. Pulled up from running with rcvrs.

Eight

We did not lose by 58 points players were not giving up on plays in the 2nd quarter. Defenders actually pulled up from hits tonight. Pulled up from running with rcvrs.

your right, gary's defense last year at home only gave up 42 ;points and 595 yards to smu but that smu team is very, very comparable to this back to back national title georgia team

Mean Purple

so you suddenly make players bigger, quicker, more athletic?

they only have so many options to put on the field and both those tight ends are playing in the nfl, the frogs aren't loaded with nfl talent at linebacker and safety right now and this was the issue mentioned before the game, uga has the offensive talent to run the ball, attack with the outside receivers, and attack with the tight ends
We played two tight ends last week who are going to the league.

You scheme for it. You have guys “stay home” like last week. Frogs were simply out of position and off assignment for a good chunk of plays tonight. Fundamentals went out the window in the second quarter. Things that had nothing to do with UGAs talent. Things that are game prep related. It was not the norm for this squad. And it did not seem like a nerves thing.

Pharm Frog

Well, we lost to UGA in 2016. But not like this and we were in a down year. And ESPN killed our communication between the sideline and the coaches up on the box. (Crazy that most of the second half that was going on)

But he is right, a GP team would not have caved like that. Guys just stopped swarming to the ball. It was obvious the adjustments needed to be made before half time, not at half.
Oh…for the glory days of GP and his motivational wizardry that inspires the hearts of young men to uncommon courage and a 5-7 or 6-6 record.

gofor2

If we could just return to the good ole days when GP turtled up to keep the losing margin down.

I'm not talking about his last couple of [ Finebaum ]ty seasons. i'm talking about bowl games and being prepared.

GP was 10-3 in his last 13 bowl games and the losing margins were 1, 7 and 8 points in those three losses.

We played smarts bulldogs in 2016 and lost 31-23. We were down 24-23 near the start of the 4th quarter.

Eight

We played two tight ends last week who are going to the league.

You scheme for it. You have guys “stay home” like last week. Frogs were simply out of position and off assignment for a good chunk of plays tonight. Fundamentals went out the window in the second quarter. Things that had nothing to do with UGAs talent. Things that are game prep related. It was not the norm for this squad. And it did not seem like a nerves thing.

first, michigan lost one of those two tight ends very early in the game

second, if you can't see bowers and washington are just freaking different don't know what to tell you other than this conversation is over

Mean Purple

your right, gary's defense last year at home only gave up 42 ;points and 595 yards to smu but that smu team is very, very comparable to this back to back national title georgia team
We have up lots of points to Michigan. None of that compares tonight. We lost by the biggest margin in bowl history. No GP squad ever caved like that.

Eight

I'm not talking about his last couple of [ Finebaum ]ty seasons. i'm talking about bowl games and being prepared.

GP was 10-3 in his last 13 bowl games and the losing margins were 1, 7 and 8 points in those three losses.

We played smarts bulldogs in 2016 and lost 31-23. We were down 24-23 near the start of the 4th quarter.

wait, you think that uga team in 2016 is anywhere near this year's team? seriously, please tell me you aren't trying to make that argument

Pharm Frog

When GP takes the team to the CFP, I’ll be happy to compare. I’ll take Sonny’s 1-1 record there over GPs 0-0. But in fairness….answer this…would a GP-coached team have played UGA this year? Or Michigan? Or Kansas State twice for that matter? If the answer is no (and it is), then it doesn’t even matter speculating on what a GP-team would or would not have done.

We have up lots of points to Michigan. None of that compares tonight. We lost by the biggest margin in bowl history. No GP squad ever caved like that.
I think that stat hurts the most.. unfathomable

Top 3 guys on offense were non-existent
33 hurt
15 worst game of his career
1 got like 3 targets
Hard to do much. Defense could have gotten a few more stops but would have really mattered? 15 missed that pass in the first drive and I’m thinking oh [ Finebaum ]. Then 11 fumbles when we have a little momentum and it’s over

Eight

I think that stat hurts the most.. unfathomable

this defense didn't stop uga all night, wasn't a matter of caving in it was a matter of providing little to no opposition, as to the why, can't tell you, but this idea that this situation is comparable to gary's defenses in the rose bowl and peach bowl after he had been at tcu for 14 years is ludicrous

please tell me when gary was a first year dc back in the late 90's if he ever was put in a comparable situation as going up against the defending national champion, please tell me when as a dc he was asked to reteach, retool, refit a defense that will play 15 games

won't wait for the answer because we all know the answer and that is he never was in that situation, but for some reason all season long people have struggled to realize how bare the cupboard was on the defensive side of the ball

Mean Purple

Top 3 guys on offense were non-existent
33 hurt
15 worse game of his career
1 got like 3 targets
Hard to do much. Defense could have gotten a few more stops but would have really mattered? 15 missed that pass in the first drive and I’m thinking oh [ Finebaum ]. Then 11 fumbles when we have a little momentum and it’s over
There were times when the line gave him 6 seconds and still did not get the ball off. That is some pressing, some not taking what’s there and some needing to hand the ball off more. That’s when you have him hand off to ED and Bailey and let him get his focus back on.