• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread, Championship Edition: TCU vs Georgia; Sponsored by Hell's Half Acre Stadium Goods

tjcoffice

One of the sideline reporters said SD grabbed the team at halftime. He usually talks to them at the end of the halftime, but this time, he pulled them in at the beginning. He told them they were playing scared. They needed to get more physical. They need to get in their faces. I'm proud of these guys. They played with a lot of heart all season. If they did not give it all they had tonight, I have to think there was some good reason.

LVH

wasn't there, the tcu receiving group is one above average player in q, two small fast guys, and a big guy with decent speed in savion

that is more than enough to cause problems for the teams we played up to the point because the frogs could run the ball enough to make teams have to work to stop that, and we could win the talent match up

guess what, there is a damn good reason this is the best team in the country and recruiting matters

imagine a dline with a guy who has the raw physical talent of that big de from tech, imagine in those two big tackles from texas could stuff the run AND rush the passer and imagine if this group had some depth

that is uga and i can't stress enough recruiting does matter
I could see it when watching them play Ohio State that they had so many good players. I remember saying when Georgia won that game that we should have been disappointed because I didn't see a scenario in which we could beat Georgia. I didn't expect losing 65-7 but I never really seriously thought we could win. It's why I stayed home and didn't attend any elaborate watch party. I've kept quiet about it all week at work. Everyone who has asked me my opinion I just said I'll watch it for what it is and I have no expectations.

Virginia Frog

Did Herbie just say that the Big 12 couldn’t compete with the big programs of the Big 10? Folks…that’s agenda-based commentary right there. Don’t tell me ever again about how great an analyst Herbie is. He can’t even remember 10 days ago.
Herbie did a "Corso."

The Super2 agenda and the networks have a conspiracy goin'.

If they succeed with this narrative college football as we know it is gone forever. (And TCU and other "lesser" teams will be on ESPN-Junk.)

Mean Purple

How many carries did you want ED to have? He and Max have never meshed like Max and KM. I don’t see how running the ball would have done much more than maybe reduced the deficit by about 21.
ED should have had more than 6 or 7 carries in the first half. Our defense would not have gotten gassed so quick. You use the clock more.

y2kFrog

This is on Sonny. Not running the ball in the first half was pure insanity. Just gassed his own defense. If it is Riley calling that, Sonny should step in.
Turning the ball over 3 times in the first half hurt far worse than any of that. Get to the half 24-7 and maybe things could have been closer. Getting to 38-7 was just too demoralizing to overcome.

It’s tradition to have the final two competitors finish 1, 2 in the AP poll, but I now wonder how they do the top four. Could bump Ohio State to 2, but that is problematic since Michigan beat the Buckeye at Ohio State and won the Big Ten Championship. So maybe TCU still finishes #2.

HornyWartyToad

wasn't there, the tcu receiving group is one above average player in q, two small fast guys, and a big guy with decent speed in savion

that is more than enough to cause problems for the teams we played up to the point because the frogs could run the ball enough to make teams have to work to stop that, and we could win the talent match up

guess what, there is a damn good reason this is the best team in the country and recruiting matters

imagine a dline with a guy who has the raw physical talent of that big de from tech, imagine in those two big tackles from texas could stuff the run AND rush the passer and imagine if this group had some depth

that is uga and i can't stress enough recruiting does matter
I was thinking of the huge DL from BU who is so hard to stop, and that he probably wouldn't be a starter at UGA

Virginia Frog

It’s tradition to have the final two competitors finish 1, 2 in the AP poll, but I now wonder how they do the top four. Could bump Ohio State to 2, but that is problematic since Michigan beat the Buckeye on the road and won the Big Ten. So maybe TCU finishes #2 as customary.
I don't care what the "experts" and voters say: TCU is #1 (in my book!)

Great season fellas and ladies.

Pharm Frog

Herbie did a "Corso."

The Super2 agenda and the networks have a conspiracy goin'.

If they succeed with this narrative college football as we know it is gone forever. (And TCU and other "lesser" teams will be on ESPN-Junk.)
College football is over as “we know it”. Done. There may be flashes but it’s done and that’s okay by me. I have my protocol. Watch until the last game TCU plays and then move on.

puckster59

Georgia won like this by scoring on all six first half possessions. And by dominating with four getting home a lot of the time on defense.

QJ 1 catch for 3 yards. Barber 1 catch? Defense no stops first half? One through most of 3 quarters? Frogs wouldn’t have beat anyone with that this season.