• The KillerFrogs

Duggan is the Heisman: Prove me Wrong

Boomhauer

Also, the ticket had Brian Jones on this morning and he implied he voted for Caleb Williams (but couldn’t officially say it). He did say if he hadn’t voted before the Caleb Williams tweet last weekend he would’ve changed his vote (presumably to Max).

bwood

In what most would consider a win for lil ol' TCU, per ESPN (following the ESPN 2022 The Home Depot College Football Awards):

TCU, which just secured its spot in the College Football Playoff, led all schools with four honors: Max Duggan (Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award), Sonny Dykes (The Home Depot Coach of the Year), Garrett Riley (Broyles Award) and Hodges-Tomlinson (Paycom Jim Thorpe Award).

HG73

Max is fabulous and great for our school. His turnaround this year was amazing. Credit Sonny.
Remember how bad our receivers were in Max's first two years? Couldn't catch a cold in the Arctic. Our receivers this year are fantastic.

Duggan is not going to receive the trophy tonight but he made it to New York to be honored as a Heisman finalist. Appreciate the honor as he is. He will receive the Davey O’Brien Award trophy at the dinner and trophy presentation at The Fort Worth Club in February—that and the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award are both very cool trophies.

A227891B-B6AB-4BCB-892C-E4C0C6971A5C.jpeg

Last edited:

East Coast

Tier 1
Max has been winning the QB awards decided by people who know what they are doing. Williams has been winning the popularity contests. I give Max a 30% chance of winning tonight based on my heart, but my mind says he finishes 2nd. If there was an MVP award, it is Max hands down.

Deep Purple

Max is fabulous and great for our school. His turnaround this year was amazing. Credit Sonny.

At the beginning of the year, Dykes chose Chad Morris as the starting QB. After Morris went down to injury, Max was Sonny's only realistic remaining choice -- and he had no idea how Max would perform.

I'm all for giving Sonny credit where credit is due, but the above is just a silly kneejerk statement with no real thought behind it.

Last edited:
At the beginning of the year, Dykes chose Chad Morris as the starting QB. After Morris went down to jury, Max was Sonny's only realistic remaining choice -- and he had no idea how Max would perform.

I'm all for giving Sonny credit where credit is due, but the above is just a silly kneejerk statement with no real thought behind it.
Point taken on Max not being named starter. But Max's performance has been a drastically improved with essentially the same cadre of teammates. What changed? Same can be said of every position group really. Thats the credit due to Sonny and staff.

BleedNPurple

My concern is the writers voting for Heisman started before Max was a candidate. Going to be just like these vote harvesting rigged elections - don’t know if there were enough writer votes left to get Max in.